ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Waves Multirack and plugins  (Read 5482 times)

Greg Bartusch

Waves Multirack and plugins
« on: July 03, 2019, 02:10:04 AM »

I just purchased Waves MultiRack for my PC Toshiba Satellite with an M-Audio Fast Track Pro AI. I run sound in a club that can hold 150 people. We have cover and original bands here and I use an Allen&Heath GL2400 (24ch) console. I currently have a Roland SDE 1000 delay and an Alesis Qudraverb. What plugins would you suggest that would work best for my venue. I don’t want to spend too much on these plugins. Any help would be great. Thanks
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:49:58 AM by Greg Bartusch »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Waves Multirack and plugins
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 03:13:12 AM »

I just purchased Waves MultiRack for my PC Toshiba Satellite with an M-Audio Fast Track Pro AI. I run sound in a club that can hold 150 people. We have cover and original bands here and I use an Allen&Heath GL2400 (24ch) console. I currently have a Roland SDE 1000 delay and an Alesis Qudraverb. What plugins would you suggest that would work best for my venue. I don’t want to spend too much on these plugins. Any help would be great. Thanks
Waves just had a 50% off sale... :(

Things I use often:  H-Comp, C6, Puigchild 660, SSL bus comp, R-Verb, CLA 1176, Kramer Master Tape, Waves Doubler, Renaissance Reverb, V Comp, and True Verb.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 03:25:35 PM »

Things I use often:  H-Comp, C6, Puigchild 660, SSL bus comp, R-Verb, CLA 1176, Kramer Master Tape, Waves Doubler, Renaissance Reverb, V Comp, and True Verb.

I'm always a bit wary of using EQ and dynamics plugins in Native mode because of latency, but reverbs and delays should work well.

My go-to Waves reverb is H-Reverb. Load the Pooch Vocal preset and tweak to taste. :)

-Russ

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 04:50:38 PM »

I'm always a bit wary of using EQ and dynamics plugins in Native mode because of latency, but reverbs and delays should work well.

My go-to Waves reverb is H-Reverb. Load the Pooch Vocal preset and tweak to taste. :)

-Russ

Good catch, Russell, I'm not using a Native mode server, I'm running the TDM Waves 9.1 on Venue 3.1 desks.  For anything else I'd want a SoundGrid Server.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 06:55:01 PM »

Good catch, Russell, I'm not using a Native mode server, I'm running the TDM Waves 9.1 on Venue 3.1 desks.  For anything else I'd want a SoundGrid Server.

For more Lounge-level stuff I've had very good luck with Native mode for things like reverbs that are latency-tolerant (and not as show-critical). If you're going to pre-delay your reverb anyway, you can increase the ASIO buffer size way up for stability.

-Russ

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 11:25:43 PM »

Doesn’t the Soundgrid server alleviate most of the latency concerns?

I’ve got the Waves Mercury, SSL, and Abey Road bundles, so I guess it’s somethign I should get into at some point.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 11:55:22 PM »

Doesn’t the Soundgrid server alleviate most of the latency concerns?

A SoundGrid server has a roundtrip latency of less than 1 ms, which should eliminate basically all of the latency concerns. I know there are monitor engineers out there using it on IEMs.

Only downside is cost, most of which comes from trying to get the signal into and out of the SoundGrid server.

-Russ

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 02:23:01 AM »

I use a lot of the CLA dynamics. I especially like the CLA 1176 comp. its great for adding some crunchy attack to kick and snare. Google up how to use the magic “all buttons” setting on the 1176. The CLA-2A is awesome too.

Kramer Master Tape is awesome on all kinds of stuff, but I especially like it on keys and synths. Adds enough analog flavor to make a key rig gel.

And by far my mostest favoritist plugs are the Vocal Rider and Bass Rider!

Don’t go buying this stuff all right now. Waves puts things on sale nearly year round. You just have to wait until the thing you want goes on sale, then snag it.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 07:52:17 AM »

Don’t go buying this stuff all right now. Waves puts things on sale nearly year round. You just have to wait until the thing you want goes on sale, then snag it.
Actually DO go buy all this stuff right now.  Waves is having a sale today. 

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 07:54:55 AM »

Actually DO go buy all this stuff right now.  Waves is having a sale today.

There is a big sale every day. Literally every day.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 07:54:55 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.