ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Difference between meyer m1a and meyer m1  (Read 1055 times)

This forum sucks

Difference between meyer m1a and meyer m1
« on: July 01, 2019, 10:05:29 pm »

Anyone know the difference between the meyer m-1a and the meyer m-1.   I called meyer , they didn't have any documentation .  The m1a is on the website but not m1.   I needing one for my meyer upa 1a speakers.

question is will the meyer m1 work with my meyer upa-1a speakers.  thanks
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:08:42 pm by Jody Gould »

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: Difference between meyer m1a and meyer m1
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 08:17:54 am »

I can't tell you the differences but I would imagine using the M1 with your speakers would be better than not using any processor at all.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 01:03:38 pm »

Anyone know the difference between the meyer m-1a and the meyer m-1.   I called meyer , they didn't have any documentation .  The m1a is on the website but not m1.   I needing one for my meyer upa 1a speakers.

question is will the meyer m1 work with my meyer upa-1a speakers.  thanks

Yes.  I kind of remember the difference between the 2 processors mostly as packaging and perhaps a change in internal components; I think the application is identical.  Keith B is spot on - you don't want to run without the processor.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 04:20:39 pm »

IIRC the major difference was that the M1 was in an aluminum chassis, while the M1A was in a steel chassis.

The former would pick up inductive noises from devices (like Carver amps, which were also in aluminum chassis. Putting a steel rack shelf in between them would solve that problem.

I think there was something about the trim pot on the HF adjustor being a LOT of turns in the M1, while the M1A's was more normal, one or two turns from max to min.

Also, the aluminum was anodized and faded quickly while the steel was painted.

Don't know about any internal differences. They seemed to perform the same.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 04:20:39 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.