ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville ES18p vs LS801P  (Read 4005 times)

Bernard Fernand

Yorkville ES18p vs LS801P
« on: June 24, 2019, 09:02:07 AM »

Have anyone compare the ES18P to the LS801P? Is it as loud and does it sound cleaner where it doesn't have that 70-80hz bump?

Paul G. OBrien

Re: Yorkville ES18p vs LS801P
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 09:26:28 AM »

I have not compared them side by side but I had a pair of ES18p's out for a DJ event a little while back and I'd say they compare well.. the box does have a lot of output, definitely the loudest single driver sub in the whole lineup. They have that contour EQ control on them that can vary the response from loud(highend boost) to deep(lowend boost) but I left it in the natural position because I wanted to hear what the box sounded like. I think the it does have a flatter response than the LS801 with that setting and the box is easier to handle because it is taller and not as wide but it's still a big heavy box.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 07:07:40 PM »

Have anyone compare the ES18P to the LS801P? Is it as loud and does it sound cleaner where it doesn't have that 70-80hz bump?

I've posted this before but when I measured outside a Ls801pb it is flat within its bandpass. I feel the High cut makes them sound boomy if a person doesn't roll that off with a proper crossover. I set my subs to 150 and use the crossover in my desk to lower that to 100/90hz depending on tops.  When set to deep there is quite a boost at 53hz. With a parametric filter a person can get a flat response with a respectable 6db down point of 38hz with them. As you can see they are flat when set on Loud and have the exact 6db down point of 45hz Yorkville rates them at. 

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 07:11:47 PM »

I've posted this before but when I measured outside a Ls801pb it is flat within its bandpass. I feel the High cut makes them sound boomy if a person doesn't roll that off with a proper crossover. I set my subs to 150 and use the crossover in my desk to lower that to 100/90hz depending on tops.  When set to deep there is quite a boost at 53hz. With a parametric filter a person can get a flat response with a respectable 6db down point of 38hz with them. As you can see they are flat when set on Loud and have the exact 6db down point of 45hz Yorkville rates them at. 

Douglas R. Allen

I'll try to get 2 photo's in.
First one is set on deep compared to loud and 2nd is set on deep with filter added to get a flat response and deeper extension.   

Patrick Cognitore

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 10:59:46 PM »

Wow. I hadn't seen your previous post with this measurement. That's actually pretty impressive. I wish I had bought the predecessor of this model years ago when I instead purchase a pair of bigger Yorkie horn-loaded subs that were quietly discontinued a couple years later. I'd probably still own them today.

Seems like a lot of people may owe the 801 an apology for calling it 'peaky' and 'boomy'.  :D

Douglas R. Allen

Bernard Fernand

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 11:57:16 AM »

I have not compared them side by side but I had a pair of ES18p's out for a DJ event a little while back and I'd say they compare well.. the box does have a lot of output, definitely the loudest single driver sub in the whole lineup. They have that contour EQ control on them that can vary the response from loud(highend boost) to deep(lowend boost) but I left it in the natural position because I wanted to hear what the box sounded like. I think the it does have a flatter response than the LS801 with that setting and the box is easier to handle because it is taller and not as wide but it's still a big heavy box.

Oh ok ok cool.....But I wonder if anyone have the chance to compare both side by side at 75% to full volume.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 11:57:16 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.