ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless drums?  (Read 14053 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Wireless drums?
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2019, 11:13:38 AM »

Because, for one thing, it's different on every device you run it based on manufacturer. If you ever need support, or a quick tip or something, odds are nobody around you is gonna have the same phone, therefore not the same version of android.
Second, the number of apps available is ridiculously smaller. Many, many apps are only available for iOS.
Third, every app that has an iOS version, is better in the iOS version. The Android ones are always buggier, with less features, slower, you name it. Very few exceptions here.
And then there's the device quality. Android devices are cheap for a reason. And it's not just the absence of the Apple logo.

I'm ok using my Windows PC because I was a PC user before I was a Mac one, so I've been building and configuring PCs since the days where having a Floppy disk drive was cutting edge... I had one on my 386 PS/1 system, with 40mb HDD and 4mb RAM (LOL).
But man, when I got my first Mac... I wished really hard I'd been on that side longer.
I still pray gaming becomes just as widespread on macs so that I can fully switch again.

But for audio stuff? Situations where I really need things to JUST WORK and not crash at all? Apple all the way.

As for Linux, I have nothing against it, except the stuff I was talking about with Android above. If you want to tinker with your OS, customize it to your heart's content, and your idea of fun is to be on your own whenever you have any issues, then hey, Linux is great!

If an app works on an Android device then support is a non-issue.  The device largely either works or it does not (like most electronic stuff).  Support comes in when it doesn't work or there is some OS tweak that breaks an app.  So far, owning Samsung Galaxy phones and tablets from Google Nexus, ZTE, and Asus, I've not experienced *apps* working differently (display resolution is the biggest factor in affecting the look/feel of an app, but that's not actually breaking the app).

Your non-use of Android is a personal choice, just like my choice to NEVER own any Apple product unless required for my work.  I had a personal run-in with some asshole from Cupertino, of whose feet the sycophants lined up to kiss.  I think his name was Steve... at any rate, his douche-bagness was sufficient to delay my event in another part of the public facility and made the firm I worked for look bad to its client.  Eventually I had to buy a iPad to run Midas Mixtender.  That's all it was used for, not a game, song, or video on it.  Never set up an iTunes (RIP) account.

My advice is to use what works for your business/profession and get whatever tickles your fancy for personal use.  If those are the same, fine.  Do not presume there is some perceived, inherent superiority or you'll by buying Bose PA....
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2019, 02:33:27 PM »

None of that matters because, EVERY single argument to either side is going to be what's better for whoever is typing the argument. Apple is better for me. The end.
Now that we've sidetracked a bit from the topic, let me pull it back:

I have news about the rig I'm ending up getting.

Now it'll be:

UPS
Touchscreen monitor
Rack VESA mount
Rack case
Ui24R

Looks like you got your rig speced out well so Apple bashing is a lot more fun!
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2019, 02:33:27 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.