ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IEMs 2 receivers on one transmitter?  (Read 1294 times)

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
IEMs 2 receivers on one transmitter?
« on: June 23, 2019, 10:21:56 AM »

A thought dawned on my last night before I went to  bed so I haven’t completely thought it out yet. I am doing some work on a church sound system and they have 2 wireless IEM systems Shure P3TRA215CL PSM300. And have just received 5 more for a total of 7. They want Mono only, but that is another story. Since they just want mono mixes to the IEM system, I was thinking I might be able to get away with 2 receivers for each transmitter. I would send 2 Mix Bus sends to each transmitter and have the receivers set to blend mode and for example then #1 receiver would be set to the hear the left send only (in both ears) and #2 receiver would be set to hear the right send only (in both ears). So with the 7 transmitters they have if they were to buy more receivers we could get more IEM mixes for them. I plan on trying this setup with what they have now when I get it all working.

Any words of warning?

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
Re: IEMs 2 receivers on one transmitter?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 11:05:08 AM »

Any words of warning?

If you use the P3RA, apply the lock function to prevent accidental blend shifting via the external buttons after you set them up.  If P3R, apply electrical or gaff tape over the blend knob.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 02:46:44 PM »

If you use the P3RA, apply the lock function to prevent accidental blend shifting via the external buttons after you set them up.  If P3R, apply electrical or gaff tape over the blend knob.

I think they are the P3RA version I will check in the next day or two. Thank you for that suggestion.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 04:15:44 PM »

If Mono mixes are acceptable, this plan will work just fine.  Plenty of people do exactly what you're suggesting.

Just be aware that the stereo separation is not absolute, so there will be a little bleed between mixes.  It's minimal, but good to know in case you get someone who says "i can still hear the guitars a little in my mix even though you said they were off" or some such.

"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 04:15:44 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.