ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDMI audio extractor  (Read 3160 times)

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
HDMI audio extractor
« on: June 18, 2019, 04:01:45 PM »

Hi,

Have a few installs coming up where it would be handy to have a device that gives me a stereo output from a HDMI source. I sometimes use the audio output from the projector but I would prefer something closer to the source. Need to it work with 2ch or 5.1 audio and downmix to stereo. Any suggestions apart from the no-name ebay ones?
Allen Heath GL2000, EV sx300 over Community pro Subs, EV s-200 monitors, Zeck amplification

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
Re: HDMI audio extractor
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 04:32:18 PM »

Black Box, Hall Research, Kramer, and AV Toolbox are all good brands who make one. Some do S/PDIF and some do optical in addition to standard analog stereo outputs.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 08:34:03 PM »

Hi,

Have a few installs coming up where it would be handy to have a device that gives me a stereo output from a HDMI source. I sometimes use the audio output from the projector but I would prefer something closer to the source. Need to it work with 2ch or 5.1 audio and downmix to stereo. Any suggestions apart from the no-name ebay ones?

Also check this out - HDMI audio extractor to Dante:
https://www.atterotech.com/products/small-form-factor-networked-av-interfaces/hdmi-audio/unhx2d
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 07:51:12 PM »

Roland Video, yes it's the same company that makes keyboards.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 10:13:02 PM »

Hi,

The hard part is finding one that does downmixing.  Most just grab LR and dump the rest.  This is obviously a problem if dialog is on the center channel.  I looked once and pretty much struck out.

Taylor Hall

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 07:56:36 AM »

We grabbed a Chinesium model off amazon that does 5.1 or stereo output into spdif or RCA. We only needed it once for an oddball request, but also used it to strip audio from a confidence monitor video feed for backstage/dressing room audio. Saved us from having to use bulky TVs. Hasn't given us any issues, but we've only used it 3 times at this point.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 07:56:36 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.