ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad out of the box  (Read 2035 times)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Bad out of the box
« on: June 18, 2019, 08:28:03 AM »

Installing 4 JBL Control 29AV-1 speakers. Brand new, out of the box

1-Not working at all
1-Only the tweeter works. No woofer
2-Seemed to be OK

Not good >:(

Thanks for loosing another customer for me due to your poor quality  >:(

Vent over

Steve Garris

Re: Bad out of the box
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 02:28:56 PM »

Installing 4 JBL Control 29AV-1 speakers. Brand new, out of the box

1-Not working at all
1-Only the tweeter works. No woofer
2-Seemed to be OK

Not good >:(

Thanks for loosing another customer for me due to your poor quality  >:(

Vent over

FWIW, I received a new SRX815p that was DOA. A replacement was shipped immediately and I was up & running within a week. The speakers have performed flawlessly for several years now, and I have no regrets.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 02:30:14 PM »

FWIW, I received a new SRX815p that was DOA. A replacement was shipped immediately and I was up & running within a week. The speakers have performed flawlessly for several years now, and I have no regrets.

I'm thinking this was the order that Jamin has been waiting.... and waiting... and waiting for, only to receive defective product, hence losing his client.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 02:46:17 PM »

I'm thinking this was the order that Jamin has been waiting.... and waiting... and waiting for, only to receive defective product, hence losing his client.

I waited several weeks for the speakers to arrive only to find out 2 were defective right out of the box. The customer wasn't very pleased with the delivery time.

I would really hate to have test everything before an install. Maybe that's I may be forced to due now.

These are for a restaurant/bar outdoor patio area. Patio was completed a few weeks ago but had no music...waiting on us.  ::)  We got the 2 good ones fired up. They sound great. That will keep them happy for a little while.

Just to make things worse, it was "only" 95 degrees with about the same in humidity during the install process. At least everything is in place for the other 2

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 04:44:02 PM »

Update:

JBL shipped 2 new speakers priority overnight, at their expense. Received them early this morning. Drove 50 miles to the location, open the boxes and discovered the mounting bolts and washers that usually come with the speakers were not in the box  >:(

Thanks again JBL

But, now it all works and sounds great.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 07:09:39 PM »

I would really hate to have test everything before an install. Maybe that's I may be forced to due now.

Testing every single speaker is SOP for us. Every box gets a complex impedance measurement, compared against a known good box, serialized, and uploaded to our servers. Recent jobs have been in the range of 400+ curves when you account for three measurements of a Triamp box.  The iAudioInterface has paid for itself time and time over again with the number of bad out of the box speakers we have received....especially when boxes are placed in locations that require $20k worth of scaffolding for access. It was roughly 10% bad out of the box with JBL boxes. Far less from other vendors.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 08:00:58 PM »

It was roughly 10% bad out of the box with JBL boxes. Far less from other vendors.

Not only did Jamin and Dave have bad experiences - look at all the other companies that won't touch Harman unless they have to to keep from having these types of experiences.  Like all of the last 5-ish companies I've worked for.   
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 08:00:58 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 25 queries.