ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JK Audio for phone integration?  (Read 2084 times)

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
JK Audio for phone integration?
« on: June 12, 2019, 07:54:30 PM »

I refreshed a conference room a couple years ago with a QuPac and new amp replacing an old powered mixer. System is 12 gooseneck mics being auto-mixed throughout the QuPac. Outputs to local PA and to a jack at the back of the room sends audio for video recording (not streaming).

I asked at the time if they would ever need phone integration and was told no, but now the client wants a phone integrated into their board meetings.

They have been using a Polycom speaker phone (on a POTS line) with a gooseneck mic. The phone system has been replaced with a VoIP system, what was a POTS line is now ATA analog line emulation.

I'm looking at putting a JK Audio Innkeeper 1rx with the Guest dialing station in the room. I spoke with the rep at JK and it seems to have the functionality required plus ease of use. It is designed to run on the emulated analog line.

Does anyone have additional consideration or info on what else needs to go with this system?

It appears to be a fairly straight forward install, feed an aux mix to the Innkeeper and patch the caller audio to an input channel.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: JK Audio for phone integration?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:58:19 PM »

I refreshed a conference room a couple years ago with a QuPac and new amp replacing an old powered mixer. System is 12 gooseneck mics being auto-mixed throughout the QuPac. Outputs to local PA and to a jack at the back of the room sends audio for video recording (not streaming).

I asked at the time if they would ever need phone integration and was told no, but now the client wants a phone integrated into their board meetings.

They have been using a Polycom speaker phone (on a POTS line) with a gooseneck mic. The phone system has been replaced with a VoIP system, what was a POTS line is now ATA analog line emulation.

I'm looking at putting a JK Audio Innkeeper 1rx with the Guest dialing station in the room. I spoke with the rep at JK and it seems to have the functionality required plus ease of use. It is designed to run on the emulated analog line.

Does anyone have additional consideration or info on what else needs to go with this system?

It appears to be a fairly straight forward install, feed an aux mix to the Innkeeper and patch the caller audio to an input channel.

Yeah, it'll work just fine. Putting the Caller Audio on the same Automix as the microphones also does a pretty good job of eliminating any room "echo" going back to the caller.

Make sure to use a pretty aggressive compressor on both the input coming from the JK as well as the output going TO the JK.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 10:49:14 PM »

Yeah, it'll work just fine. Putting the Caller Audio on the same Automix as the microphones also does a pretty good job of eliminating any room "echo" going back to the caller.

Make sure to use a pretty aggressive compressor on both the input coming from the JK as well as the output going TO the JK.

And be sure the send to phone interface is a mix minus.

Mac

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 06:53:48 PM »

I think you just saved me about three hours of frustration and troubleshooting.

Mac
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 07:24:45 PM »

Mac

yeah, neglecting that step will make for a bad day...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 07:24:45 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.