ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Senn 6/9K upgrade  (Read 1643 times)

MikeHarris

Senn 6/9K upgrade
« on: June 15, 2019, 03:51:40 AM »

One of my clients who owns her own SKM5200 system met me at Infocomm to getta feel for the new 6000 transmitter but needs the command feature...which is only available on the 9K.
Anyone have any experience with the command feature and its operation with the 2 channel 6K receiver ?
The ideal configuration would be to use the XLR out on both channels...one for her vocals...the other as command output.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: Senn 6/9K upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 11:27:24 AM »

One of my clients who owns her own SKM5200 system met me at Infocomm to getta feel for the new 6000 transmitter but needs the command feature...which is only available on the 9K.
Anyone have any experience with the command feature and its operation with the 2 channel 6K receiver ?
The ideal configuration would be to use the XLR out on both channels...one for her vocals...the other as command output.

https://en-de.sennheiser.com/news-digital-6000-upgraded-to-feature-secondary-dante-port-and-command-function
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

MikeHarris

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 01:43:11 PM »

Thanks...tho I’m still not clear how this is implemented on a non-Dante optioned receiver.
Anyone with hands on experience ?

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 05:17:15 PM »

FWIW, you might not be aware that the Lectrosonics stuff can do the "push to talkback" function using 2 receivers and the handhelds are reported to work with other manufacturer's capsules, like Shure and Sennheiser.
They have a new 1/2 rack 4ch receiver that looks very cool.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 08:59:43 PM »

Thanks...tho I’m still not clear how this is implemented on a non-Dante optioned receiver.
Anyone with hands on experience ?

I've no hands-on experience, but the manual is pretty clear.  There are 4 possible outputs.  Analog, AES3, Dante A, and Dante B.  The command mode can be used with any combination of these outputs.  So any of the 4 outputs can be either always ON, or can mute when command is activated, or be active ONLY when command is activated.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

MikeHarris

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 03:20:42 AM »

So any of the 4 outputs can be either always ON, or can mute when command is activated, or be active ONLY when command is activated.

I should confirm later today with Dave M, as I hope, if both channels are tuned to same frequency one channel will be used as main output...the other command.

MikeHarris

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 12:28:32 PM »

I should confirm later today with Dave M, as I hope, if both channels are tuned to same frequency one channel will be used as main output...the other command.

if i require a analog output from primary AND command...the solution is to use both channels set to the same frequency with alternate mute modes
Thanks for confirming Dave M

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 02:37:01 PM »

The Lectrosonics Venue2 talkback function works on a single receiver module and the audio is re-routed in the frame to a different physical output. You can still get 6 receiver modules in the frame but if you want to do talkback you'll have to pull an output to use for that function.

You can also send the normal output from two receivers to one physical output, so you can still use all 6 receiver modules, if desired.

I haven't received my new D2 RX from Lectrosonics, so I'm not sure how they handled it there now that Dante is on board.

FWIW, you might not be aware that the Lectrosonics stuff can do the "push to talkback" function using 2 receivers and the handhelds are reported to work with other manufacturer's capsules, like Shure and Sennheiser.
They have a new 1/2 rack 4ch receiver that looks very cool.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 02:37:01 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.