ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's going on with the M32?  (Read 1999 times)

Taylor Hall

What's going on with the M32?
« on: June 14, 2019, 07:54:25 AM »

Was poking around online yesterday for any new deals and saw that the bottom has absolutely fallen out of the M32 listings. Multiple retailers are now listing the fulls size console at $2799 (both the IP and Live SKUs), and there are several package deals with the DL32 and a 200ft ethercon snake for less than what the console itself retails for at the "big names" like PSSL, fullcompass, an the like. B&H seems to be the most reputable store with this price drop, and also have several package deals topping out with a package that has the console, DL32 stage box, ATA cases for both and a 150' ethercon cable (not on a reel) for $3999.

Are we about to see a new revision come out? I know they did a slight design refresh with the Live model that came out end of last year, but that never affected the price of the original SKU as they both held pretty steady at the $3999 mark until now. Definitely not going to complain, we're about to get a digital console ourselves and this may just be the tipping point.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

John Schalk

Re: What's going on with the M32?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 08:12:22 AM »

Last October, Sweetwater sent me an email on a special price for an M32 + DL32 for $3499 for a combined savings of $2500.  Not every retailer received this discount.  I am not actively searching for a new digital console, but that $3500 deal did reset my internal price point for used, or even new, Midas boards.  I'm not sure what may be going on, but $3500 - $4000 for a console, stage box, cases and cable would be really hard to pass up if I were in the market.

Taylor Hall

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 08:35:55 AM »

I'm not sure what may be going on, but $3500 - $4000 for a console, stage box, cases and cable would be really hard to pass up if I were in the market.
Agreed, we had pretty much resigned ourselves to getting an X32 with the DL16 stagebox and a couple extras, but now we can get an M32 with the DL32 stagebox and the same extras for only $500 more? We'll likely be pulling the trigger on it of a couple open RFQs come back to us.
1) Do it right

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 03:03:40 PM »

I have been able to acquire M32's for $2,700 for over a year now! A cohort of mine recently picked up an M32 with stage box for $4,000. The stage box can be had for around $1,300 if you do the proper searching. I think it is entirely possible to get an M32 and DL32 with a length of ethercon for around the $4,000 mark for sure.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 09:57:14 PM »

Those listings all appear to be the original M32-IP, now released from MAP due to being replaced by the M32-LIVE which, as you note, is a minor revision with the inclusion of the DN32-LIVE card.

Apparently at some point last year Music Group gave Sweetwater a jump on every other dealer (me included) by letting them blow off all the excess inventory as "packages" before announcing the new versions. The other dealers are now dumping their stock. They are good deals, but not far below what your favorite dealer could probably quote you for the new models if you preferred to get current issue.

In the meantime, the price on the DL32 has also tumbled, so altogether there are very good deals to be had if you are not stuck on shopping internet sites.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:01:16 PM by Mike Pyle »
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Taylor Hall

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 07:40:34 PM »

Those listings all appear to be the original M32-IP, now released from MAP due to being replaced by the M32-LIVE which, as you note, is a minor revision with the inclusion of the DN32-LIVE card.
Makes sense, I figured that was the most likely cause but stranger things have certainly happened.
We're not terribly concerned with getting the newest model unless there's some gotta-have change done under the hood or in workflow layout. Aesthetics don't count for much when it lives in a doghouse and we wouldn't use the included expansion card anyhow in favor of Dante.
1) Do it right

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 12:09:32 PM »

n the meantime, the price on the DL32 has also tumbled, so altogether there are very good deals to be had if you are not stuck on shopping internet sites.

I can attest to that, Mike Pyle (wink, wink).

From a layperson's perspective, it appeared as though Midas was trying to raise the MAP on the M32 awhile back, under pressure of tariffs, then had to back off when competitive products entered the market at either lower points or at the same price with more features.

Granted, it's a mature product, but still very difficult to beat in its niche, at the current deals.

Dave

...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 12:09:32 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.