ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on large format projectors  (Read 2146 times)

Steven Cohen

Advice on large format projectors
« on: June 09, 2019, 12:27:05 PM »

Greetings,

I am looking for advise on replacing a projector that is used to show feature films on Blu-Ray. Currently we have a Barco NH-12. Our matte white screen size is about 26' X 14'. The screen is non-perforated and has 0 gain. The throw distance is about 125 feet.

We keep projectors at least 10 years so I would like to be as future proof as possible.

My questions are: which version of 4K do you think would be best for the non-digital cinema market to purchase? I assume we will be streaming content in the future as I think Blu-Rays will be discontinued over the next decade.

Should we stick with xenon lamps or look at laser. If laser is an option, the only 3 chip, DLP non-digital cinema projector at this point in the 12K lumen range is the Digital Projection Highlite 4K laser. There are plenty of single chip laser projectors available in this lumen range but the only one 3 chip, non-digital cinema projector made is the Digital Projection model.

My last question is, should we go with a digital cinema projector such as the Barco SP4K-12 and purchase HDMI/DVI input cards? I realize the costs will be higher, but if we can keep the projector longer due to it being more future proof, it may be worth it. In addition, digital cinema manufacturer support is generally better than the presentation market as movie theaters need to be up and running everyday and night.

Thank you in advance,
Steve
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 12:37:26 PM by Steven Cohen »

ProSoundWeb Community

Advice on large format projectors
« on: June 09, 2019, 12:27:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.