ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Understanding Shure wireless antennas (1/4, 1/2, unknown wave)  (Read 1051 times)

Tony Mamoh

I am a fan of Shure wireless systems and own a few. These include the PG288 / BLX series with built in antenna; the PGX  series with  unremovable/Fixed   1/4 wave antenna and the SLX series with detachable 1/4 wave antenna.

I understand that in general, the 1/2 wave antenna devices are better (transmit over a longer range and/or experience better RF performance in terms of dropouts, frequency agility, less interference prone etc ).

Ideally I'd like to remain with the low cost/budget entry Shure series which utilize inbuilt antennas (like the PG288 or BLX series) as they serve me very well, and handle distances of 100' quite well. Same with the ones that have unremovable 1/4 wave antennas.

Is there a quantum leap in performance for those Shure wireless systems  that use 1/2 wave antennas? Does the fact that the budget entry systems cannot be used with an antenna combiner/ distribution system  (because the antennas are non detachable or inbuilt) make them of 'lower performance '?

Just trying to understand how the antenna length or inbuilt etc affects performance, and aid my future equipment upgrade strategy.

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.