ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Powered Speakers and linking power?  (Read 5274 times)

Mal Brown

Re: Powered Speakers and linking power?
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2019, 08:36:09 PM »

I generally lay out 1 stringer cable with short quad boxes to handle frontline monitors and pedal boards.  I lay another to handle backline.  I do pedal boards with linked Quads attached to the backline stringer.  I generally have 10 to 12 LED washes on that frontline stringer
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2019, 08:42:43 AM »

I like hearing your ideals on how you do it. 

The last band (wedding) I was primarly working with was on all IEMs; but did have I have the Turbosound iQ10's that I used for Ceremony/Cocktails and the occasional wedge.  I used to run the OA rubber Powercon boxes and it was very handy and I plan on getting these again.

I would love a set of PowerCon speakers, but it seems like there are very very few on the Market (in my price range).  I'm also looking at speakers that can be a dual purpose (Main or Monitor), I once had a set of monitor specific boxes and hated running them up on stands (all the inputs and controls where on top and I needed a ladder to hook them up).
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Jay Marr

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2019, 12:36:36 PM »

I like hearing your ideals on how you do it. 

The last band (wedding) I was primarly working with was on all IEMs; but did have I have the Turbosound iQ10's that I used for Ceremony/Cocktails and the occasional wedge.  I used to run the OA rubber Powercon boxes and it was very handy and I plan on getting these again.

I would love a set of PowerCon speakers, but it seems like there are very very few on the Market (in my price range).  I'm also looking at speakers that can be a dual purpose (Main or Monitor), I once had a set of monitor specific boxes and hated running them up on stands (all the inputs and controls where on top and I needed a ladder to hook them up).

The iQ series use Powercon.

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 09:32:51 PM »

I built my own Siamese cables with an XLR, IEC power cable, and TechFlex that home run to a rack mount snake (DL32) and power strip...

Which model of TechFlex are you using for this? I just got a couple of SRX812P and am looking to do something similar.
I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

Nate Zifra

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 03:05:18 PM »

Which model of TechFlex are you using for this? I just got a couple of SRX812P and am looking to do something similar.

TechFlex Flexo F6 Slit Braided Sleeve

https://www.cableorganizer.com/f6-wrap-around/

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 08:06:09 PM »

I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 08:06:09 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.