ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ubiquiti Bullet M5 with iPad and StageMix  (Read 6040 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Ubiquiti Bullet M5 with iPad and StageMix
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2019, 12:23:35 PM »

There are so many Ubiquiti products that I'm completely confused by what the differences are between them. I see many posts on this forum & others that state these things work really well, but I've been afraid to purchase one due to my very limited networking knowledge and threads like these.

Here is the unit I'm looking at, which has the PoE feature:
https://amzn.to/2MlGBKJ

Any thoughts on this?

I have that one as well.

I had trouble with it until someone, Scott H, I think, pointed out a setting to disable. I don’t remember what it was but it had to do with uplink monitoring I think.

After that, it works great.

Scott disagrees with me on this but, my normal configuration has a Netgear WNDR router/firewall/switch/dhcp server always as part of the network. I have 2.4gHz turned off for the Netgear and the AP. I keep a small switch in the mixer doghouse so there is one cable out (the mixer and Dante plug into the switch) to the Netgear. The mesh AP POE injector also plugs in to either the Netgear or the console switch (convenient as there is also a power strip in the doghouse),  then up to the AP on a pole. This lets me plug the WAN port of the Netgear into my shop network while setting things up to download updates and such and never have to reconfigure the network settings of the audio gear (and then put them back hopefully).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 06:45:29 PM by Rob Spence »
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Steve Garris

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2019, 01:10:55 PM »

That is the unit the I ended up buying.  I got mine from B&H Photo for $92 including tax and shipping.  Amazon does not always have the best prices ;)

You will need to install the Ubiquity App to configure the Mesh, and when you do, make sure that you plug the Mesh into a network with internet access.  That was the only difficulty that I had with getting mine to work and I am not very knowledgeable about networking either.  The "flying saucer" Ubiquity APs have a QR code on them that the app can scan for setup, but the the Mesh APs do not, and I could not get mine to show up in the App until I plugged it into my home network (I was trying to configure it while plugged into the band's LAN.)  To date, I've only used the Mesh AP once for a street festival, but it performed really well and I'm happy with the purchase.

Awesome & thanks! After confirmation here, I think I'll get it. I've got a brand new Ui24 that I haven't used yet due to being too booked, but it's starting to slow down now.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2019, 01:10:55 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.