ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic case suggestions?  (Read 5886 times)

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
Mic case suggestions?
« on: June 05, 2019, 08:57:27 AM »

What’s the latest and greatest way of carrying your mics?  Back in the Day, it seems like every small/regional guy had the EWI 24 mic hole case. 

For my basic Mic collection, I am looking to carry:
1x Audix D6
1x Shure Beta91A
4x Sennheiser e904/e604
2x Shure SM81
2x Sennheiser e609/e906
6x Shure SM58
3-4x Radial JDIs
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Mal Brown

Re: Mic case suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 09:07:36 AM »

What’s the latest and greatest way of carrying your mics?  Back in the Day, it seems like every small/regional guy had the EWI 24 mic hole case. 

For my basic Mic collection, I am looking to carry:
1x Audix D6
1x Shure Beta91A
4x Sennheiser e904/e604
2x Shure SM81
2x Sennheiser e609/e906
6x Shure SM58
3-4x Radial JDIs

Thats what I use.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Taylor Hall

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:24:44 AM »

Depends on what you need/want that the EWI doesn't already have. There are myriad options for mic cases for the case itself (soft sided, ATA, carry-on style, pelican, etc) and whatever holds the mics inside (precut foam, pick n pluck, hard dividers). Do you just need a case, or something that is easily portable?

Judging by your mic list, I'm assuming this is a drum kit/instrument mic set. Try looking at the SKB MC12 (or 24 if you want a convenient rolling case), plenty of slots for your "standard" mics and a open storage area for the larger kick/instrument mics in soft bags along with a few cables.

If you want to go all out, talk to a company like caseclub that can laser cut high density foam inserts that will exactly match your mics. I have a few of their foam kits for my gun cases and they're top-notch.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 10:26:14 AM »

I use a small pelicase and keep my mics in pouches so I can swap around when needed.

I store my mics in a 5-drawer work box and bring that along if I need «everything».

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 10:35:44 AM »

I use a small pelicase and keep my mics in pouches so I can swap around when needed.

I store my mics in a 5-drawer work box and bring that along if I need «everything».

We have a few kitted up generic mic rigs for bands but the rest is at Helge said, kept in labeled bags and goes out in a top tray of a case or a work box.  Makes checking them in and out easier.

If you do the same type of acts, a personal kit with foam protection is nice.   

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 10:36:54 AM »

We had a couple of these that served us very well. Zero issues or complaints. Can be had for under $100 if you ask around.

https://gatorcases.com/products/microphone/waterproof-mic-cases/titan-microphone-waterproof-mic-cases/waterproof-wired-microphone-case-16-mics-gm-16-mic-wp/

Peter Kowalczyk

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 12:42:14 PM »

I used to keep my mics in their pouches, but found that even with labels, I spent a too much precious time sorting through little black bags to find what I wanted.

I bought a Pelican (1560 I think?), made a tray for it, and did a pick-n-pluck layout so that my mics and DIs are all easily accessible and visible at a glance.  Easier for me...

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 01:40:29 PM »

I have one each EWI 24 and 40 mic cases, which I don't use for mics anymore. Not for any particular reason, I just don't carry my mics that way these days. I was never a huge fan of the 40 mic case, it's too large to comfortably carry but too small to comfortably roll. It does its job and it's held up well though.

Most of my mics and DI's are in a workbox, but when I need to take a few of them out for a small show I use a Gator G-Tour 15 mic case. If you're not looking to expand your collection much, I think it would work well for you.

https://gatorcases.com/products/microphone/wired-mic-cases/g-tour-microphone/15-microphones-road-case-g-tour-m15/
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

John Penkala

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 01:53:05 PM »

+1

I've been using a Pelican 1510 to carry mics to most shows. I also own a couple of EWI mic cases and large workbox. They're just larger than I need most of the time.

Ken Braziel

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 05:25:55 PM »

I have one each EWI 24 and 40 mic cases, which I don't use for mics anymore. Not for any particular reason, I just don't carry my mics that way these days. I was never a huge fan of the 40 mic case, it's too large to comfortably carry but too small to comfortably roll. It does its job and it's held up well though.

Most of my mics and DI's are in a workbox, but when I need to take a few of them out for a small show I use a Gator G-Tour 15 mic case. If you're not looking to expand your collection much, I think it would work well for you.

https://gatorcases.com/products/microphone/wired-mic-cases/g-tour-microphone/15-microphones-road-case-g-tour-m15/

I used one of those cases for my personal pack for a while, beware: if you have any mics that are slightly longer than the SM57/58 size it's not deep enough to accomodate that difference. It's now my "leftover" mics storage, for the stuff that doesn't go in any of my standard mic packs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 05:25:55 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.