ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't understand the CL/QL offline editor save functions  (Read 4004 times)

Miguel Dahl

I don't understand the CL/QL offline editor save functions
« on: June 04, 2019, 03:34:43 PM »

This might seem dumb, and I bet it is, but I have yet to understand how to save, and what to save in the editor. The reference manual just says that you can save stuff. 

AFAIK you need to save your scene in the editor and then you can exit the "scene memory" window and save the whole thing in the main window.

So in my understanding this is that you save your whole thing, and within that "thing" you've also saved your scene(s). So you can load up your "thing" and within that there's your scenes.

But what is the left part of the scene memory window for in the editor? Just to "export" single scenes?  I'm confused about what one is saving from this "save-window", picture attached.

The manual states that: Files dedicated for QL Editor have a filename extension of “.QLE”. Files in which only the CL/QL console data is saved (filename extension “.CLF”) can also be handled, allowing you to use a USB flash drive to exchange data with the QL console.

I haven't found any QLE files on my computer yet, even though I saved in all ways imaginable.

And also, Whenever you save/update a scene, the name gets reverted back to "initial data", is there something I'm missing here?

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: I don't understand the CL/QL offline editor save functions
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 09:26:30 PM »

Saving under File/Save saves as much show information as saving on the USB stick on the console, which is almost everything.
The left part of the Scenes window is for exporting/importing scenes. You can drag/drop scenes between the left/right panes.

When you hit "Store" on the console, it allows you to name the scene.
On the editor, click "save" and the scene will be named "Initial Data" if you have not recalled a scene. If you recalled a scene, it will be named whatever scene you last recalled.
Rename it in the Scene window, and then recall it. This will make sense when you understand that the name of the scene you store will be the name of the Scene you just recalled.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:45:17 AM »

Saving under File/Save saves as much show information as saving on the USB stick on the console, which is almost everything.
The left part of the Scenes window is for exporting/importing scenes. You can drag/drop scenes between the left/right panes.

When you hit "Store" on the console, it allows you to name the scene.
On the editor, click "save" and the scene will be named "Initial Data" if you have not recalled a scene. If you recalled a scene, it will be named whatever scene you last recalled.
Rename it in the Scene window, and then recall it. This will make sense when you understand that the name of the scene you store will be the name of the Scene you just recalled.

Thank you!

I've been so dumb that I've been saving scenes some times, in belief that that's my entire show-file, as the ending of both types of files is the same.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:45:17 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.