ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chauvet RDM2go (Solved)  (Read 1824 times)

David Allred

Chauvet RDM2go (Solved)
« on: May 30, 2019, 11:17:52 AM »

I have spoken with their tech support and so far have them stumped.

The manual (and Chauvet-produced youtube video confirms) states that in SEND DMX 2 enter presses gets you into the SEND DMX options menu.  Once there, the list should show 6 choices... starting with EDIT MODE, followed by 5 more.  Mine (the latest, v1.3) does not have EDIT MODE, but rather DIMMER CHECK.  The following 5 are the same. 
Question #1:  What does yours have?
Question #2:  What does DIMMER CHECK (on/off) do?

Edit:
After hours of meetings, the engineering, sales, marketing, and support staff at Chauvet have determined that the manual and video are wrong and were based on the first iteration of the unit.  However, support could not tell me what the function did.  I discovered that it is a similar function, renamed.  When on, channel settings are retained when moving to another channel.  When off, they revert to 0.  I don't see the usefulness of off, at all.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 09:59:33 AM by David Allred »

Scott Hofmann

Re: Chauvet RDM2go (Solved)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 11:08:46 AM »

In doing a dimmer check before a performance, you generally call up a channel, check that the fixture(s) on that channel come up, and then repeat for the next channel. So Chan.1 at full, observe, then Chan. 1 to zero, then Chan 2 at full, etc. Your Dimmer Check function streamlines the process by your not having to input the Chan. to zero keystrokes for every channel.
Scott Hofmann

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Chauvet RDM2go (Solved)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 11:08:46 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.