ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennheiser Wireless HELP  (Read 2673 times)

Christoph Manuel

Sennheiser Wireless HELP
« on: May 28, 2019, 08:41:37 PM »

My band put together an in-ear and instrument wireless rig consisting of:

3x Ew172 G3,
3x Ew300 G3,
1x Ew300 G4 (all Range-A),
1x ASA1 G3,
1x AC3
and 3x a2003 antennas.

I'm currently using the Sennheiser BNC cables to connect the rack units to the combiner and splitter, then 3 HOSA 50ohm cables to a rack mount rear panel (female/female) and then from there on out 3 BTPA 50ohm cables to the antennas. Whenever I have the in-ear units turned off I'm able to find a ton of free frequencies on the instrument receivers, but as soon as I turn on all the in-ear transmitters there are none to be found AND I'm getting (I think expectedly) a ton of interference on both the in-ears as well as the instruments. Does anyone have an idea why that is happening?

I can take pictures of the rig if that helps!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 08:55:54 PM »

My band put together an in-ear and instrument wireless rig

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Sennheiser Wireless HELP
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 09:27:23 PM »

Be sure your ear antennas are 10' away from the wireless mic antennas and not pointing at each other.

Use wireless workbech to pick your frequencies rather than letting the mics scan.

Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 06:27:46 AM »

3x Ew172 G3,
3x Ew300 G3,
1x Ew300 G4 (all Range-A),
1x ASA1 G3,
1x AC3
and 3x a2003 antennas.

I'm currently using the Sennheiser BNC cables to connect the rack units to the combiner and splitter, then 3 HOSA 50ohm cables to a rack mount rear panel (female/female) and then from there on out 3 BTPA 50ohm cables to the antennas. Whenever I have the in-ear units turned off I'm able to find a ton of free frequencies on the instrument receivers, but as soon as I turn on all the in-ear transmitters there are none to be found AND I'm getting (I think expectedly) a ton of interference on both the in-ears as well as the instruments. Does anyone have an idea why that is happening?

What range are the mic transmitters?
As Pete indicated, keep the antennas away from each other.
 Last time I saw this same thing happen, the IEM antennas were on the same mic stand!
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 11:03:06 AM »

send a simple drawing of the hookup....
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 04:19:46 PM »

Sennheiser Wireless Systems Manager can help you get everything coordinated and set up correctly. Probably less work than setting everything up in WWB.

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/service-support-services-wireless-systems-manager
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Tony Mamoh

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 05:47:16 PM »

Sennheiser Wireless Systems Manager can help you get everything coordinated and set up correctly. Probably less work than setting everything up in WWB.

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/service-support-services-wireless-systems-manager

Quick one!

Does the Senn Wireless Systems Manager handle non Senn prodcuts (Shure on my mind....)?

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 07:32:56 PM »

Does the Senn Wireless Systems Manager handle non Senn prodcuts (Shure on my mind....)?

Last time I checked it didn't do it well (if at all); I tend to build all my shows in WWB for that reason (even if I'm using all Sennheiser!)

-Russ

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 05:25:02 PM »

You can make custom devices in WSD and Lectrosonics Wireless Designer, but I have the impression that WWB may be the best for mixed systems.

I don't think any app will dump settings back to mixed brand systems, so you're stuck dialing those in manually on the base units.

Quick one!

Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 01:33:43 AM »

You can make custom devices in WSD and Lectrosonics Wireless Designer, but I have the impression that WWB may be the best for mixed systems.

WWB has equipment profiles for lots of third-party equipment (including Sennheiser) and it can be added to the Inventory and Coordination Workspace as easily as Shure equipment. Last time I was using WSM it didn't have a library of third-party equipment to use.

For what it's worth, I also tend to find WWB coordinations "tighter" than WSM ones (to the extent that WSM, if asked, may well complain about some of the frequency choices that WWB makes). My impression is that IAS tends to be tighter still, producing usable frequency lists that even WWB will complain about if asked.

I don't think any app will dump settings back to mixed brand systems, so you're stuck dialing those in manually on the base units.

I'd even settle for a way to dump frequencies out of WWB (or IAS, for that matter) into WSM or Designer, but no. Best-case scenario is manually reentering the coordinated frequencies back into each brand's control software, which is usually easier then the front panel menus.

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 01:33:43 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.