ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: No longer access through Tapatalk  (Read 3767 times)

Patrick Cognitore

Re: No longer access through Tapatalk
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2019, 12:02:20 pm »

Sound Forums still works on Tapatalk... just saying.

Sound forums are mobile friendly, which for me negates the need to even use TT.

Sound forums?

https://soundforums.net/community/

Nikhil Mulay

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2019, 06:17:46 am »

Any resolution to this yet? It's been very difficult following on a web page on the phone. Anyway fingers crossed I get my morning read on tapatalk again.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2019, 09:21:02 pm »

Any resolution to this yet? It's been very difficult following on a web page on the phone. Anyway fingers crossed I get my morning read on tapatalk again.

I guess it appears we will not get Tapatalk back.  Itís really too bad - it was my preferred way to read the forum.  The forum just sucks on mobile...   

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2019, 10:12:50 pm »

I guess it appears we will not get Tapatalk back.  Itís really too bad - it was my preferred way to read the forum.  The forum just sucks on mobile...

The indifference of those responsible is disappointing, to say the least and being far kinder than warranted.  He/she/their lack of communication, disregard for web forum industry standards, and apparently nonexistent attention to user experience are most certainly not remotely close to professional audio industry standards of service.

I'm not ungrateful for this "free" service to our industry.  I actually quite adore it.  But it's not free.  It's a revenue generating tool for NewBay Media, LLC.  Which is of course totally fine.  It's just frustrating that it seems to have lost its way and forgotten the codes by which its patrons live and utterly fails to put on a reasonably convincing show for us.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:48:51 pm by Jason Glass »

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2019, 10:45:11 pm »

The indifference of those responsible is disappointing, to say the least and being far kinder than warranted.  He/she/their lack of communication, disregard for industry standards, and apparently nonexistent attention to user experience are most certainly not remotely close to professional audio industry standards of service.

What's really sad is that they know that they control all the circuit breakers.  The moment that any one of us fires these impostors from our show, as they well deserve, we isolate ourselves from the great community that gathers here.

And BTW, I'm not ungrateful for this "free" service to our industry.  I actually quite adore it.  But it's not free.  It's a revenue generating tool for NewBay Media, LLC.  Which is of course totally fine.  It's just frustrating that it seems to have lost its way and forgotten the codes by which its patrons live and utterly fails to put on a reasonably convincing show for us.

Just remember... We are not this forums customers. We are this forums product.   
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2019, 10:53:48 pm »

Just remember... We are not this forums customers. We are this forums product.

I respectfully disagree.  Every click on every page of this site generates ad revenue for NewBay.  It's the way of the new web world.

EDIT:. Uugh.  Oh, yeah.  Its customers are its advertisers.  Duh.  I am sufficiently corrected, but no less annoyed. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:00:02 pm by Jason Glass »

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2019, 11:03:02 pm »

I respectfully disagree.  Every click on every page of this site generates ad revenue for NewBay.  It's the way of the new web world.

I am very disappointed about dropping Tapatalk support. I hate the web view.

Lacking Tapatalk has reduced my participation in this and several other forums. In fact I have dropped out of 2 forums that I paid memberships for.

I find it absurd that management has not had the courage to tell us what is going on. Perhaps their goal is to kill the forum altogether?
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2019, 11:38:22 am »

Waking up this morning in a better mood and looking back on my posts, now I'm sorry for my sourness and being so harsh.
I shouldn't behave like such an entitled child and my frustration doesn't excuse it.  I beg your pardon.

But please fix this if you can.

The indifference of those responsible is disappointing, to say the least and being far kinder than warranted.  He/she/their lack of communication, disregard for web forum industry standards, and apparently nonexistent attention to user experience are most certainly not remotely close to professional audio industry standards of service.

I'm not ungrateful for this "free" service to our industry.  I actually quite adore it.  But it's not free.  It's a revenue generating tool for NewBay Media, LLC.  Which is of course totally fine.  It's just frustrating that it seems to have lost its way and forgotten the codes by which its patrons live and utterly fails to put on a reasonably convincing show for us.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2019, 11:56:02 am »

Waking up this morning in a better mood and looking back on my posts, now I'm sorry for my sourness and being so harsh.
I shouldn't behave like such an entitled child and my frustration doesn't excuse it.  I beg your pardon.

But please fix this if you can.

I think it was justified.  Not communicating is the cardinal sin, second is not asking for help.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman
River Delta Audio is now:

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Brian Larson

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2019, 03:29:10 pm »

Any updates, Mac?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.