ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: No longer access through Tapatalk  (Read 1257 times)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: No longer access through Tapatalk
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2019, 05:53:57 pm »

2.5 weeks after first report, 17 days, still no joy.  IT'S BROKEN.  If you're not putting any effort into to this, just say so, so that we can uninstall an invasive data-stealing app that we only tolerated for this forum.  Or at least post occasional updates about your progress or lack of it.  But this silence is maddening.
I feel like nobody at PSW even reads these threads.
e.g. 16+ months and this issue still isn't fixed. Even after multiple PMs, no reply at all from Ernie.

Why even have a bug reports forum?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Guy Graham

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 09:00:52 am »

What seems truly bizarre is that my Android phone with Tapatalk still installed (but no evidence there of my subscription to / existence of the forum) is managing to still continue sending me TT notifications of new PSW topics!

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2019, 09:19:57 am »

I have sent the webmaster a link to this thread.

Mac
Hi Mac,

You know I appreciate all you and others do (like Ernie) to keep things going here at PSW.

I know you sent a link to the webmaster about this, but, as there is no resolution, I and others would at least like a status on this. Using my mobile device for PSW is much more inconvenient as the forum is not coded to be responsive to various device screen sizes.

Is there any update on this that could either inform us of a rough date that the Tapatalk interface will be restored or that it will not be?

Best regards,
Bob Charest

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2019, 01:03:40 pm »

I've been waiting for over a year to be able to use the 'Curve' look and layout again. I just preferred it. I was originally told it would be fixed in a couple of weeks.
If it isn't coming back in 100% working condition then that is fine and isn't a huge deal - I'd just like to know.
Let me just say though I also appreciate VERY MUCH the work that must go into keeping this website going....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2019, 07:43:14 pm »

Sitting here wondering how many calls I'd be getting for gigs if I did mine with this lack of attention to detail and failure to deliver industry-standard performance.

No I'm not.  It's zero A-level clients and maybe a few undesirables that merely pay gas money.

In pro audio, we fix it.  We make it work.  We do it now.  If it's not in the budget or achievable in time, we tell them so, and offer at least alternative immediate solutions.  If we're skilled and equipped enough to do so.  Some of us are, always, by careful design.  We don't give our clients or their associates unpreambled silence for weeks, ever.  Not under any circumstances.

We all have life-shaking events.  We don't disappear when they hit.  We disappear very shortly after we do what has to be done to pass along responsibility, then we go off the grid to lead our families and to heal.  Then the unreasonable ones can go to Hell.

BUT, if I drop dead tonight, I have measures in place to assure that my clients at least know that they need to replace me.  And most of them will have access to show-critical files that I've created, in order to assist my successor.  The show will go on, because...

THE SHOW MUST GO ON.  Right now the stage has been dark for weeks for too many patrons.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:02:18 pm by Jason Glass »

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2019, 02:21:03 am »

Sitting here wondering how many calls I'd be getting for gigs if I did mine with this lack of attention to detail and failure to deliver industry-standard performance.

No I'm not.  It's zero A-level clients and maybe a few undesirables that merely pay gas money.

In pro audio, we fix it.  We make it work.  We do it now.  If it's not in the budget or achievable in time, we tell them so, and offer at least alternative immediate solutions.  If we're skilled and equipped enough to do so.  Some of us are, always, by careful design.  We don't give our clients or their associates unpreambled silence for weeks, ever.  Not under any circumstances.

We all have life-shaking events.  We don't disappear when they hit.  We disappear very shortly after we do what has to be done to pass along responsibility, then we go off the grid to lead our families and to heal.  Then the unreasonable ones can go to Hell.

BUT, if I drop dead tonight, I have measures in place to assure that my clients at least know that they need to replace me.  And most of them will have access to show-critical files that I've created, in order to assist my successor.  The show will go on, because...

THE SHOW MUST GO ON.  Right now the stage has been dark for weeks for too many patrons.

Yeah I don't get it Jason.  It is simply not that hard.  Service might need to be restarted or some config changes as a result of the updates.  In any case it needs to be fixed. 

Asking for help is strength not weakness, I wish they would reach out to me, would love to give something so tangible back to the community.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman
River Delta Audio is now:

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Patrick Cognitore

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2019, 03:47:42 pm »

Yeah, I uninstalled Tapatalk weeks ago from my Android I'm occasionally getting email notifications from TT regarding threads I was previously subscribed to on the app. Very strange.
What seems truly bizarre is that my Android phone with Tapatalk still installed (but no evidence there of my subscription to / existence of the forum) is managing to still continue sending me TT notifications of new PSW topics!

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2019, 09:34:26 pm »

A status would be welcome. I hate having to use a web screen for a site that isnít written responsively.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2019, 09:59:39 pm »

A status would be welcome. I hate having to use a web screen for a site that isnít written responsively.

Sound Forums still works on Tapatalk... just saying.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2019, 02:25:27 am »

Sound Forums still works on Tapatalk... just saying.

Sound forums?
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman
River Delta Audio is now:

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.