ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Choice of floor wedges for vocals - info regarding a special setup...  (Read 4911 times)

Curtis H List (Too Tall)

Re: Choice of floor wedges for vocals - info regarding a special setup...
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2019, 11:10:09 AM »

Assistance Audio
Jack
He has a selection to look at

jesseweiss

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2019, 10:19:09 AM »

So I took everyone's advice and set up 3 monitors (1 per person). Since I went with wired in-ears (I'm the drummer), I used my usual monitor for the guitarist in the middle of the front line.  It definitely seemed to help them complain less, although funny enough the band was like "what do we need 3 for? We've always used 2" even though always complain they can't hear. So I think I'm going to get one more DBR10 for the front, since my monitor is also what I use for "stage volume" when I use my e-kit instead of acoustics.

I was also able to convince bassist to side fill his little amp he uses on stage, and he was next to the sub, which helped a lot as well.  It was all helped by being outside so loud stage was less of an issue.

Radoslaw Andruszkiewicz

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2019, 01:59:02 PM »

The main problem I found with guitar players is they say they have to have it loud to get their "sound" their "tone" which is total ......
 I've always said if you quit shooting the amp between your legs and point it at you you might actually know what it sounds like.
without blasting the people in the front rows faces off.
 but hard head is hard head.
     This is also the reason when you get them in a studio and they hear their mic'd amp through studio monitors they'll say
"Does my rig sound like that?"yeah your rig sounds like a chainsaw with glass particles in a bucket.
But usually by that time they're pretty much more than 50% deaf.
     Here's what you can do,  buy a road case that's big enough for their amp drop a mic in there and close the cover. Problem solved
some guys in the Doobie Brothers and other bands do it to get their "sound? without blowing people's heads off.
anyway I feel better now, thanks

My Marshall 'full' stack consists of an empty bottom cab (probably could exchange it with a flightcase for the head in the future), and the top slanted cab has only 2 speakers in the top slanted row. I get the look while remaining somewhat practical.... :-)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2019, 01:59:02 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.