ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Load Monitoring Settings for Audio Architect  (Read 1210 times)

Andrew Endres

Load Monitoring Settings for Audio Architect
« on: May 25, 2019, 05:12:42 PM »

Hi! I have a Crown XTi 6000 and a Crown iTech6000 with 4x VRX932LAs & 2x SRX728s.

The iTech is on sub duty and the XTi is running the tops.

I am trying to designate the most ideal settings for the load monitoring in audio architect.
It tells me the Load Status and Average Impedance. But, I would love to know the best High/Low/Nominal settings to ensure that I am properly monitoring my amps. The default settings are High: 50, Low: 2, Nominal: 8.

I understand that these numbers obviously vary depending on different power setups/speaker configurations. But, I would love it if someone could enlighten me on the best way to calculate what I should set my Load Monitoring settings to based upon these different variables. If anyone has any resources/reading materials/directions to send me in to find out more that would be greatly appreciated! Obviously I am a noob! But, I would love any help I can get! Please take mercy upon me! This is baby's first VRX rig.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! (i.e. High Limit __ Low Limit __ Nominal Impedance __)

:D

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: Load Monitoring Settings for Audio Architect
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 05:50:00 PM »

You must change to your real name.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 08:21:18 PM »

The high, low, and nominal values don’t really mean much. The just set the values where the amp reports an issue to the software.  Do you plan on monitoring these all the time??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Andrew Endres

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 09:45:01 PM »

The high, low, and nominal values don’t really mean much. The just set the values where the amp reports an issue to the software.  Do you plan on monitoring these all the time??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t want to monitor them all the time. But, I would like to know the optimal values (min/max) to be able to know when I have a problem with a load fault/etc.. I suppose I’m wondering how important all of this load monitoring is and if it is just basically a way to monitor the current/voltage coming in or what? You say that the numbers really don’t mean much: how so? I suppose I’m quite confused about this whole feature built into the DSP of the amp.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 10:03:47 PM »

I don’t want to monitor them all the time. But, I would like to know the optimal values (min/max) to be able to know when I have a problem with a load fault/etc.. I suppose I’m wondering how important all of this load monitoring is and if it is just basically a way to monitor the current/voltage coming in or what? You say that the numbers really don’t mean much: how so? I suppose I’m quite confused about this whole feature built into the DSP of the amp.

I explained in my previous post why the min/max values don't mean much. It just sets the threshold for when AA throws a load error and writes to its logfile that there is an issue.  AA will only write to the logfile if its running though.   

The "optimal value" is whatever AA shows when you have your system connected, when its properly functioning.  If you are running passive, and blow an HF, there is a good chance the value will still show correct, or close to correct as the LF values are still being shown.

A few things to note.  The original itech can only display whole impedance values, which sure, is kinda useful.  The later series, the itechHD can show values to 2 decimal places.

See the attached for a monitoring panel i created 10 years ago with these amps, and then updated 8 years ago with some iTechHD's.   
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 10:05:52 PM by David Sturzenbecher »
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 10:03:47 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.