ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple Machine...  (Read 499 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Simple Machine...
« on: May 30, 2019, 01:08:25 pm »

So when will EHP replace this failing forum software?  How long can Ernie apply duct tape and bailing wire to hold it together?

Mac? Fowler? Ernie?
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Simple Machine...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 02:16:05 pm »

I don't know about you, but I feel like I am held together with duct tape, so sympathetic.

Be patient there will be an article soon in the reading room about running web forums.

JR
Don't tune your drums half-ass. Listen to what a properly "cleared" drum sounds like.   http://circularscience.com/

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 02:20:29 pm »

Maybe I'm one of the minority that's never had a problem with the website
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 02:41:55 pm »

I don't know about you, but I feel like I am held together with duct tape, so sympathetic.

Be patient there will be an article soon in the reading room about running web forums.

JR

I found the reading room earlier (after starting this thread).  Never knew it was there as I don't expand the main topic (bug reports, etc) unless someone mentions content in one of the primary forums.

So running forums in the sense of administration and moderation or the nuts and bolts of keeping it together (Thanks, Ernie!)?
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 02:52:21 pm »

Not sure if if it's SMF or what, but some bugs have been there for years and never get fixed.
e.g. https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,166564.0.html
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 04:17:17 pm »

A year or 2 ago there was maintenance going on and it messed up "Core' theme which I had been using. I inquired and was told it was going to be corrected - still waiting...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 04:17:17 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 24 queries.