ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RF Analiser: wich is best in ratio RBW/velocity/price?  (Read 932 times)

Andrew Herbein

Re: RF Analiser: wich is best in ratio RBW/velocity/price?
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 02:11:30 pm »

Hi all,
RF coordination is becoming "real job" in Italy. So, after MANY years of RF Explorer use I'm searching a new, fast, precise analyser system. Kaltman RF Vue, that I used many times, is too slow and "problematic". I really need something fast to measure not just DVB-T but also intermittent signal (Walkyes, Led ecc.). And yes, money is a great concern (RF coordination is BECOMING etc.)
Extensive search on the web point me to Signal Hound SA44B.
Any comment will be appreciate, TIA  :)

I have been having a lot of success with my Siglent SSA 3021X. It goes down to 1 kHz RBW. I like to go through my frequency list during shows looking at a 1 Meg window. With a 10kHz RBW my sweep time is 15 milliseconds. It also had 750 horizontal pixels vs the TTI's 250. I paid $1400 US.

It comes with an included tracking generator. The interface is great. There are jump arrows and a knob for tuning and moving a marker.

It is only ten pounds so it is portable, but there is no battery so it is not a handheld unit.

I have imported scans into the demo of IAS (I work events as an RF guy where I am already provided coordination).  I have not tried it in WWB.

Perhaps it would work well for you in combination with an RF Explorer for tracking down rogue users.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 12:26:10 pm »

Anyone compared the SSA3000 to the BB60C?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 12:31:18 pm »

Odd that the SSA doesn't have a battery, as it looks like it was designed to be portable...
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: RF Analyser: which is best in ratio RBW/velocity/price?
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 12:42:21 pm »

Odd that the SSA doesn't have a battery, as it looks like it was designed to be portable...

It does look like that. I was hoping to be able to adapt it to run on Anton Bauer batteries, but it looks like it would be very difficult and expensive. I nearly got it anyway, but a friend sold me his well kept TTi for a third of what the Siglent would have been.

It would have been nice to have the tracking generator and return loss bridge, but, oh well...

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: RF Analyser: which is best in ratio RBW/velocity/price?
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 12:42:21 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.