ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Replace DXR15's with 8"/10" tops over 12" subs or upgrade DXR15's around £2000?  (Read 3462 times)

Richard Penrose

Honestly, why not pick up one or more of the systems from Thomann (as you're UK based).  They'll take them back (and pay for return delivery) if you're not happy.  I've used this service before and it works a charm.

It'll always do you better than asking others for their opinions - especially as we have our own priorities for what is more important in a piece of kit.

Yes totally agree but I can't afford to buy all the systems at once  ??? IF I were to buy a pair of the RCF HDM45a's/HD10a's/702AS subs, FBT Promaxx110a/Subline 112SA, EV ELX200 10p/ELX200 12sp and Yamaha DXR15mk2 systems it would cost over £9000!

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK

Yes totally agree but I can't afford to buy all the systems at once  ??? IF I were to buy a pair of the RCF HDM45a's/HD10a's/702AS subs, FBT Promaxx110a/Subline 112SA, EV ELX200 10p/ELX200 12sp and Yamaha DXR15mk2 systems it would cost over £9000!
Pairs?  You don't need a pair to audition and compare performance!  If you can affort a pair of subs and tops, then at the very least you can get a sub & top from each range and compare.  And then, if you're determined to try all three, send back the loser and get the final set.

And this way, you're assessing how the kit compares for your material with your use cases and your tests.  That's surely going to be more satisfying than any forum recommendations will ever be.

Of course, the other option is to hire.  But that's actually probably much more hassle.

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.