ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Sound: Plan For Failure To Achieve Success  (Read 1997 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW
Church Sound: Plan For Failure To Achieve Success
« on: May 22, 2019, 07:47:00 AM »

The best way to grow as individuals and technicians is through trial and error
By Mike Sokol • May 22, 2019

I often hear stories about church leaders who won’t let the sound team “turn any knobs” on the mixing console.

The leaders expect a great music mix to happen every week simply because it previously sounded great one time. Or perhaps there was one lucky service where none of the mics had any feedback.

The assumption is that if there were no problems last week, there shouldn’t be any problems this week as long as the sound team doesn’t turn any knobs or push any buttons.

I’ve also heard stories about sound-system installers who “set the board once” and tell the sound team they’re only allowed to move the faders but not to touch any of the “special knobs” on the top half of the mixer.

You know the knobs I’m talking about: those mysterious EQ and AUX controls that if turned incorrectly can cause all sorts of feedback and assorted sonic mischief...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/church/church_sound_files_plan_for_failure_to_achieve_success/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org

ProSoundWeb Community

« on: May 22, 2019, 07:47:00 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.