ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: add speakers need boosting  (Read 2372 times)

EricCurtisAbel

add speakers need boosting
« on: May 18, 2019, 01:21:12 AM »

I need a speaker in my commercial kitchen that's tied to my other speakers so I can pipe sound into the kitchen for our workers. I wired a speaker to another ceiling speaker close-by and dropped it into the kitchen. I'm finding because of the noise in the kitchen, I'm not getting the volume  out of that single speaker that I need. Is there a small amplifier or something I can connect to the kitchen speaker so I can get more volume out of it.

Joseph D. Macry

• Austin TX
Re: add speakers need boosting
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 08:27:10 AM »

I need a speaker in my commercial kitchen that's tied to my other speakers so I can pipe sound into the kitchen for our workers. I wired a speaker to another ceiling speaker close-by and dropped it into the kitchen. I'm finding because of the noise in the kitchen, I'm not getting the volume  out of that single speaker that I need. Is there a small amplifier or something I can connect to the kitchen speaker so I can get more volume out of it.

If it's a "distributed" speaker system (70V or the like) it may have an adjustable "tap" where you may be able to up the volume. If not, you will either need to use a separate amp, or turn up the existing amp and thus turn up all the speakers on that line.
Joseph Macry,
Austin, TX

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 08:49:17 PM »

My experience is that the sound system in many restaurants was expertly installed by the brother-in-law of the owner's uncle on his wife's side who used home audio equipment he found on the internet cheap. Tell me that's not what you have if I'm wrong.  8)

About the only way to add a speaker with a higher volume is to add another amplifier for that speaker up front with the existing amp (or receiver or boom box or whatever) and split the audio source off to feed the new kitchen amp also.
-Hal

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 11:24:16 PM »

Just keep adding some more speakers in parallel 'till you have enough volume...

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 11:45:33 PM »

You need to find out what is up stream of the speaker in the kitchen before adding more speakers in hopes of getting more volume.

If you do get more volume in the kitchen that may cause you more issues. Does everyone in the kitchen want to hear loud music while working? How loud is loud? Do they all like the same music?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 11:45:33 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.