Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > AC Power and Grounding

Not a trashcan

(1/4) > >>

John Penkala:
A peer was A1 at a show where someone mistook the transformer in the picture for the trashcan in the foreground. The show crashed after the big boom caused by someone throwing their lunch and drink away in the transformer. No one was hurt. Long extension cords had to be run to get the show up again.

Andrew Broughton:
What a terrible design! I can't believe that would be up to code to have that sitting out there in the open with no protection.

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: Andrew Broughton on May 17, 2019, 01:43:17 pm ---What a terrible design! I can't believe that would be up to code to have that sitting out there in the open with no protection.

--- End quote ---

Probably just fine by code when installed.  The problem came when someone decided that the equipment room had too much wasted space and decided to use it for storage/break room/etc.

Jeff Bankston:

--- Quote from: Andrew Broughton on May 17, 2019, 01:43:17 pm ---What a terrible design! I can't believe that would be up to code to have that sitting out there in the open with no protection.

--- End quote ---
I am a retired commercial electrician. Nothing wrong with that design. I installed many of those transformers. They are in electrical rooms and hung from trusses. This is the first time I ever heard of one being used for a trash can. The person that did it must not have a brain and cant read the warning label. I have seen electrical rooms piled with junk and some had the panel covers and dead fronts off. Electrical rooms are spacious for code requirements. 

Jonathan Johnson:
I can see the resemblance to a shred bin... people have been known to put all manner of trash in shredding and recycling containers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version