ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: remote height-adjustable podium mic?  (Read 8956 times)

Guy Hankins

Re: remote height-adjustable podium mic?
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 04:00:46 AM »

How about a motorised glass stand from a prompting set up? They can be pre-set to the required height. Fit a T bar instead of the glass.

Magnus Högkvist

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2019, 01:37:14 PM »

Is there such a creature on the market? I need a thin (countryman style) podium mic which ideally would be remote height adjustable. I'm dealing with a University President who is about 5'0" and the Provost who is like 6'5". The President refuses to use a step behind the podium, and they want to use the same podium. It's pretty rediculous.

I've seen and used mic stands that rise out of the floor. I'm hoping someone has a product that mounts in a podium.

Optogate also have one model http://www.optogate.com/miclift_v2_uk.html

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2019, 05:20:39 PM »

What problem do they have taking the mic and raising or lowering it when they step to the podium.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 06:43:49 PM »

What problem do they have taking the mic and raising or lowering it when they step to the podium.

Almost no one who isn’t a pro does that. So many people are completely oblivious to the fact that there is a mic and also that there is adjustment and a reason to adjust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2019, 07:50:22 PM »

Almost no one who isn’t a pro does that. So many people are completely oblivious to the fact that there is a mic and also that there is adjustment and a reason to adjust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Actually just last night I kicked off my tour of providing sound for graduations and after a little mic instruction during rehearsal
everyone, and there were many, who stepped up to the podium took the two seconds to adjust the mic.

It's rare but it came happen!

Being oblivious to a mic and mic technique could be an ongoing topic in itself.

Show the powers that be what it will cost in money and time to fix a problem that could be taken care of for free.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 07:54:50 PM by Mike Caldwell »

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2019, 08:17:12 AM »

The Tall guy was open to that, but the Short Lady isn't. The tall guy attempted to do it for here but kept forgetting, and it ended up being pointed at him the whole time.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2019, 11:14:56 AM »

Actually just last night I kicked off my tour of providing sound for graduations and after a little mic instruction during rehearsal
everyone, and there were many, who stepped up to the podium took the two seconds to adjust the mic.

It's rare but it came happen!

Being oblivious to a mic and mic technique could be an ongoing topic in itself.

Show the powers that be what it will cost in money and time to fix a problem that could be taken care of for free.

It's nice that you got rehearsals with all of the folks speaking.  The opportunity for rehearsals just doesn't happen in almost all the dinners/lunches/memorials etc. that I've done.  The people speaking will not be there until the start of the event.  No time for mic technique instruction.  It becomes a crap shoot - I never know where the mic will end up being focused.  But on these one-off events all I can do about it is shrug my shoulders and try to make it work. 

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2019, 11:15:31 AM »

The Tall guy was open to that, but the Short Lady isn't. The tall guy attempted to do it for here but kept forgetting, and it ended up being pointed at him the whole time.

What mic are you using now.
Does the lady have any projection and or volume to her voice when she talks.

What is the room like that the presentations take place in, a decent auditorium or a basketball gym.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2019, 11:23:52 AM »

What mic are you using now.
Does the lady have any projection and or volume to her voice when she talks.

What is the room like that the presentations take place in, a decent auditorium or a basketball gym.

Shure MX418. We've tried a few mics and this had the highest GBF of all.

You can actually see me being very bored in this video! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOy6ank6aUk
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2019, 11:27:00 AM »

It's nice that you got rehearsals with all of the folks speaking.  The opportunity for rehearsals just doesn't happen in almost all the dinners/lunches/memorials etc. that I've done.  The people speaking will not be there until the start of the event.  No time for mic technique instruction.  It becomes a crap shoot - I never know where the mic will end up being focused.  But on these one-off events all I can do about it is shrug my shoulders and try to make it work.

Oh I have done my share of those!!!!!!!

At this rehearsal everyone speaking only got up and read a couple sentences but that at least got them to mic and gave them an idea what they would hear coming back from the room as they talked.

The wide range of voice tonality always amazes me when you have wide range of different people stepping up to a mic, everything from the smooth jazz FM radio DJ to where your would swear the person is talking through a kazzo.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:52:03 PM by Mike Caldwell »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2019, 11:27:00 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.