ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can i make 3D Lightshows synced to music, but without DMX ?  (Read 2570 times)

Adrien Dion

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a 3d software that would allow me to make virtual, time-coded (or at least synced in some way) to musics I like. Of course i've done a bit of research and I've found plenty of stage lighting simulators, such as Capture 2019, Realizzer 3D or GrandMA-3D. But all of them need to be controlled by an external DMX console to work... Since my goal isn't to make real lightshows but just virtual ones, isn't there a similar software to do the same thing but with some more beginner friendly things such as a timeline like we find in video editing software, but where user puts events to change tilt pan color gobo etc...
I hope my explanation was clear, and many thanks in advance !  :)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: How can i make 3D Lightshows synced to music, but without DMX ?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 12:19:43 PM »

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a 3d software that would allow me to make virtual, time-coded (or at least synced in some way) to musics I like. Of course i've done a bit of research and I've found plenty of stage lighting simulators, such as Capture 2019, Realizzer 3D or GrandMA-3D. But all of them need to be controlled by an external DMX console to work... Since my goal isn't to make real lightshows but just virtual ones, isn't there a similar software to do the same thing but with some more beginner friendly things such as a timeline like we find in video editing software, but where user puts events to change tilt pan color gobo etc...
I hope my explanation was clear, and many thanks in advance !  :)

Chamsys MagicQ plus Vis. It will do it, but you'll want dual monitors at least. The learning curve is a bit steep as well, but Chamsys has an excellent online user base.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1YwP_PtAuo
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 09:42:07 PM »

Hi Adrien, what's the end goal you're trying to accomplish with this?  I only ask because while what you're asking is very doable, there will definitely be a learning curve.  If this is only for personal use and has no bearing on a professional application I'd vote to think outside of the box on this.  Can something from the Adobe Creative Suite work for you?  I even remember back in my Roller Coaster Tycoon days that you could make choreographed light and firework displays!  While I never played with the lights and lasers too much I can say from experience that designing a firework display in that game isn't all that different from doing it in real life.  Just some food for thought...

Also, I'm sure there's a way to get DMX software that generates ArtNET to feed its output into your visualizer.  Hope this helps!

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 10:08:03 PM »

ArtNet, sACN, some other lighting over ip is what you need.  The lighting software is still going to work in terms of dmx addressing and universes but you won’t need any external hardware between your control software and your visualizer.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 10:08:03 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.