ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Assembling a PA from a pile of ****  (Read 3100 times)

Steve Ferreira

Re: Assembling a PA from a pile of ****
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 03:59:08 PM »

It was a two channel unit (one receiver with two mics, each on separate frequencies).
Frequency one: 720mhz, frequency two: 750mhz.....

I introduced myself and told the dude that those mic frequencies were illegal to use as of 2010....his response: "really?"..but he kept on trying to get it to work.

Funny story: Did an event 2 weeks ago when a performer showed up 5 minutes until they go on and handed me a Pyle receiver with 2 channels on 1 xlr. No frequencies where listed on the receiver at all. I told them we couldn't/shouldn't use this and that we had no time as I already had 8 other wireless frequencies going between handhelds and iems. He insisted that we use them so we did. 1 mic was cutting in and out and the other didn't even work.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 12:54:51 AM »

He insisted that we use them so we did. 1 mic was cutting in and out and the other didn't even work.

I would bet it has been doing that at every one of his shows for the past year!!!

I would say the "art" of being handed an unknown pile of parts or **** and making a working PA system out of it is fast becoming a lost art.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 12:54:51 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.