ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic stand bag - why didn't I know about this sooner?  (Read 5172 times)

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
Re: Mic stand bag - why didn't I know about this sooner?
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2019, 08:20:16 AM »

I've been using K&M 21315 for a couple years now with no issues. Carries 4x 210/9 and 4x 25900 stands no problem. 21315 is built with much heavier cloth and zippers than the other K&M bags I have.

There's a new roller bag out now, 21427 that I don't have pricing on yet, but looks nice.

Any nylon bag will tear if you pick it up by one handle.

Does this mean you are placing 8 stands in one bag?

I'm using 3 x Onstage bags; each carrying about 5 to 8 stands (long and short).  These bags are worn and tearing; there's not enough room... I would really like to get the EWI rolling cases for the stands, but I don't need to carry all the stands all the time.  It's been convenient just to pick up 1, or 2, or all 3 bags for whatever size show I'm working. 

If those K&M 21315 bags can easily support 8 stands, I will be upgrading.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 08:21:56 AM »

I bought a SKB Golf Travel Case, has wheels and holds about 10-12 mics stands.  Picked it up for about $25 on CL used!  Works great!

https://www.amazon.com/SKB-Standard-Golf-Travel-Case/dp/B0007VNZDG/ref=sr_1_4?crid=12WMH0LIWHH5O&keywords=skb+golf+travel+case&qid=1558007818&s=gateway&sprefix=skb%2Cmi%2C171&sr=8-4

I had one of these early on. It lasted about a year before the weight of the stands began making the points where the handles attach fail. Then the latches were next.

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 09:47:55 AM »

I had one of these early on. It lasted about a year before the weight of the stands began making the points where the handles attach fail. Then the latches were next.

I've had one of the older versions with metal latches for twenty years($5 at a yard sale!), and just avoid using the built in handles much-I just move it with a handtruck or laid on a flat dolly with other gear.  I have replaced the latches once in that time.

They aren't really made to handle the weight of 12-15 K&M mic stands.

Best regards,

John

Patrick Cognitore

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 10:45:29 AM »

I have 50" version of the On-stage speaker stand bag.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SpeakerStdBg--on-stage-stands-ssb6500-dual-speaker-stand-bag

One was gifted to me by a former band member I and it worked so well I bought another. I fit speaker stands, sub poles, mic stands, etc.

The flat form factor really works well for me because I transport my PA in an SUV and these long, flat bags fit on the floorboard behind the front seats, when my rear seats are folded down. They are the only cases I have that fit in that particular space. If they did not fit there, I would not be able to transport my entire PA and bass rig together.

I have two mic stand bags that I really like, that have held up well, and that I can recommend. 

You know those 6-pack deals of OnStage mic stands you can get from sources such as Musician's Friend?  While those stands themselves are nothing special (but they are decently serviceable if you need a few and don't have a budget for higher quality), the bag they come in is just great.  They fit 6 folding stands just great (and you can squeeze in 1 or 2 more in a pinch), are nicely padded, easy to use, and I think pretty good quality.  They have been "just the right thing" for me for both mic stands and speaker tripods and such.  If you could buy just the bags themselves, I would highly recommend doing so.  Or, quite honestly, the price of the 6-pack deal is good enough that you could buy that and consider the 6 mic stands as a decent bonus and use them for those times that you just need a few more than you have in your inventory, but can't justify the expense of buying high quality ones. 

d.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 01:38:16 PM »

4 tall and 4 short or 5 tall and 2 short fit fine as long as I reverse the lay of the stands when I put them in. two shorts will fit in one slot.

I am very careful to always pick up the bag by both hand straps.

Does this mean you are placing 8 stands in one bag?

I'm using 3 x Onstage bags; each carrying about 5 to 8 stands (long and short).  These bags are worn and tearing; there's not enough room... I would really like to get the EWI rolling cases for the stands, but I don't need to carry all the stands all the time.  It's been convenient just to pick up 1, or 2, or all 3 bags for whatever size show I'm working. 

If those K&M 21315 bags can easily support 8 stands, I will be upgrading.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2019, 02:48:46 PM »

4 tall and 4 short or 5 tall and 2 short fit fine as long as I reverse the lay of the stands when I put them in. two shorts will fit in one slot.

I am very careful to always pick up the bag by both hand straps.
Sounds good.

Will Knight

• Queens, NY
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2019, 03:48:43 PM »

I've been using K&M 21315 for a couple years now with no issues. Carries 4x 210/9 and 4x 25900 stands no problem. 21315 is built with much heavier cloth and zippers than the other K&M bags I have.

There's a new roller bag out now, 21427 that I don't have pricing on yet, but looks nice.

Any nylon bag will tear if you pick it up by one handle.

Same here regarding the 21315.  Picked it up from B&H almost on a whim about 2 years back (was shopping for something totally different at the time).  I looked at K&M stands, bought a few and picked up the bag at the same time.  Its been great - no issues.  Had earlier models of OnStage Mic bags and they didn't last a year.  First thing to go was the zipper, then the ends.  So for 6 stands or less, it's the K&M bag.  Any more and I'll bring my hard shell Golf Caddie case with PVC pipe to keep them separated.  Did look at the EWI offering but for mu\y purposes, it was overkill and probably would be used 2x-3x per year.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value — Albert Einstein.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2019, 03:48:43 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 26 queries.