ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic stand bag - why didn't I know about this sooner?  (Read 5290 times)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Re: Mic stand bag - why didn't I know about this sooner?
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 09:48:15 AM »

The only thing I don't like about a mic stand bag is I end up carrying in several stands even when I only need 1 or 2. Or I have to open up the bag to get a couple of stands to avoid carrying in the whole thing.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 09:49:19 AM »

I ended up getting a drum bag for my mic stands. Always 2 people onsite so it isn't too bad to handle.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 01:16:11 PM »

Count me as another K&M bag user who has had to warranty/replace several of the bags through K&M. They just don't hold up.

Ultimate makes bags for their speaker stands that work and fit really well.

Those gravity bags have me curious, though... they look pretty interesting.

Art Nadelman

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 02:12:50 PM »

It's interesting how the 5 mic/3 stand Gator bag has a lifetime warranty while the Gator 6 stand bag only has a 3 year warranty.  My drummer has now gone through his 3rd set of Gator drum bags, all covered under warranty.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 04:25:01 PM »

I bought a Gravity mic stand bag that fits perfectly for 6 k&m 259 stands. Very pleased with that.
Perfect for bringing along to small gigs where I need some short stands and it fits in my tall stand case for bigger gigs.

dave milton

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 02:02:26 PM »

I have two mic stand bags that I really like, that have held up well, and that I can recommend. 

You know those 6-pack deals of OnStage mic stands you can get from sources such as Musician's Friend?  While those stands themselves are nothing special (but they are decently serviceable if you need a few and don't have a budget for higher quality), the bag they come in is just great.  They fit 6 folding stands just great (and you can squeeze in 1 or 2 more in a pinch), are nicely padded, easy to use, and I think pretty good quality.  They have been "just the right thing" for me for both mic stands and speaker tripods and such.  If you could buy just the bags themselves, I would highly recommend doing so.  Or, quite honestly, the price of the 6-pack deal is good enough that you could buy that and consider the 6 mic stands as a decent bonus and use them for those times that you just need a few more than you have in your inventory, but can't justify the expense of buying high quality ones. 

d.

Steve Garris

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 02:07:47 PM »

I have two mic stand bags that I really like, that have held up well, and that I can recommend. 

You know those 6-pack deals of OnStage mic stands you can get from sources such as Musician's Friend?  While those stands themselves are nothing special (but they are decently serviceable if you need a few and don't have a budget for higher quality), the bag they come in is just great.  They fit 6 folding stands just great (and you can squeeze in 1 or 2 more in a pinch), are nicely padded, easy to use, and I think pretty good quality.  They have been "just the right thing" for me for both mic stands and speaker tripods and such.  If you could buy just the bags themselves, I would highly recommend doing so.  Or, quite honestly, the price of the 6-pack deal is good enough that you could buy that and consider the 6 mic stands as a decent bonus and use them for those times that you just need a few more than you have in your inventory, but can't justify the expense of buying high quality ones. 

d.

Mine has been in use for 5 years now and is still holding up well. I limit the load to (5) lightweight stands. I was certain I'd be replacing it every 2 or 3 years, but mine is still in great shape:
https://bit.ly/2EbJQyu

dave milton

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 02:16:47 PM »

Mine has been in use for 5 years now and is still holding up well. I limit the load to (5) lightweight stands. I was certain I'd be replacing it every 2 or 3 years, but mine is still in great shape:
https://bit.ly/2EbJQyu

That link shows where you can buy them for $25.  An absolutely fine deal, and well worth it.

d.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 07:06:47 PM »

I've been using K&M 21315 for a couple years now with no issues. Carries 4x 210/9 and 4x 25900 stands no problem. 21315 is built with much heavier cloth and zippers than the other K&M bags I have.

There's a new roller bag out now, 21427 that I don't have pricing on yet, but looks nice.

Any nylon bag will tear if you pick it up by one handle.

They get way too heavy and the straps rip (on all of them, not just the K&M's) rolling golf club hard cases or trade show booth cases are the goto for small quantities of mic stands.

For larger gigs a clamshell type case with cut outs for the different mic stands is a much better solution.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 07:59:11 AM »

I bought a SKB Golf Travel Case, has wheels and holds about 10-12 mics stands.  Picked it up for about $25 on CL used!  Works great!

https://www.amazon.com/SKB-Standard-Golf-Travel-Case/dp/B0007VNZDG/ref=sr_1_4?crid=12WMH0LIWHH5O&keywords=skb+golf+travel+case&qid=1558007818&s=gateway&sprefix=skb%2Cmi%2C171&sr=8-4

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 07:59:11 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.