ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on implementing a new mixer  (Read 5798 times)

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
Re: Advice on implementing a new mixer
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2019, 01:56:08 PM »

When you say "high-end plugins (are) available" do you mean something that lives on your computer and interacts with the mixer during use, or the built-in effects of various kinds and types that can be used in the effects buses or inserted on channels, up to a limit?
TIA.

Allen & Heath SQ actually has additional plug-ins that can be added through online registration/purchase.

Going further up the food chain, some digital mixers like SQ and DLive, you can add network protocol interface cards such as Waves, which would get you real-time computer-based plug-in processing and effects.

So, yes, all these exist and are available in current market, depending on which mixer you get.
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 11:55:47 AM »

Hi Tim,

I like my X-Airs, too, but realize that others may feel differently. It does seem like once the guy says he's going with XR-18 or whatever that the comments to "try this other thing instead" should stop. And maybe they have.

When you say "high-end plugins (are) available" do you mean something that lives on your computer and interacts with the mixer during use, or the built-in effects of various kinds and types that can be used in the effects buses or inserted on channels, up to a limit? I'm aware of the latter but not the former.

And I don't think you can add to the factory stock set of effect devices, or can you?

TIA.

I just saw this.

I was talking about the built-in stuff. But more specifically the comps, multibands, and the other simulated processors. I don't really know what to call them other than plug ins. Digital Insert processors? I don't know.

I use the Combinator a lot and also the Transient Designer on drums. And the 1176 which is awesome.

As far as I know there isn't a way to do outboard plug-ins via a computer on the X-airs.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 03:44:41 PM »

I just saw this.

I was talking about the built-in stuff. But more specifically the comps, multibands, and the other simulated processors. I don't really know what to call them other than plug ins. Digital Insert processors? I don't know.

I use the Combinator a lot and also the Transient Designer on drums. And the 1176 which is awesome.

As far as I know there isn't a way to do outboard plug-ins via a computer on the X-airs.

They are referred to as the built in FX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 05:51:51 PM »

They are referred to as the built in FX.

I'm probably just being pedantic, but to me an "FX" is a verb or a delay or chorus, etc that adds content to the original. A compressor or gate is a "processor". At least to me.

Of course I still call the faders in the middle of the desk VCA's half the time.......
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 06:58:19 PM »

I'm probably just being pedantic, but to me an "FX" is a verb or a delay or chorus, etc that adds content to the original. A compressor or gate is a "processor". At least to me.

Of course I still call the faders in the middle of the desk VCA's half the time.......
Ya. I agree. I was thinking of plug in verbs & delays & flangers and... wasn’t thinking comps.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Gary Weller

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2019, 11:34:03 AM »

I just saw this.

Actually you can use Waves Multirack on the X-Airs, here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJo4mSc1gJs

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2019, 11:34:03 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.