ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic stand bag - why didn't I know about this sooner?  (Read 5294 times)

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
Mic stand bag - why didn't I know about this sooner?
« on: May 13, 2019, 04:51:07 PM »

I've got cases and bags for all my gear....except mic and speaker stands. Piles of stands rattle in the vehicle, make packing awkward, and are a pain to schelp in and out of the gig. And despite attempts to keep them separated they tend to get banged up quickly.

On a whim the other day I googled "mic stand bag" and discovered Gator makes a nice padded 6 mic stand bag that keeps all the mics separated, and a speaker stand bag as well. They were reasonably priced so I ordered one of each and was quite pleased. I'm sure most of you figured this out long ago, but for anyone still out there in the dark like I was, solutions do exist :-)

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
Re: Mic stand bag - why didn't I know about this sooner?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 05:27:46 PM »

I've got cases and bags for all my gear....except mic and speaker stands. Piles of stands rattle in the vehicle, make packing awkward, and are a pain to schelp in and out of the gig. And despite attempts to keep them separated they tend to get banged up quickly.

On a whim the other day I googled "mic stand bag" and discovered Gator makes a nice padded 6 mic stand bag that keeps all the mics separated, and a speaker stand bag as well. They were reasonably priced so I ordered one of each and was quite pleased. I'm sure most of you figured this out long ago, but for anyone still out there in the dark like I was, solutions do exist :-)
Welcome to "finding solutions".  Kudos!

More than likely, any issues you come across, others on the forum have experienced it and found a solution for it!

Keep up the good work.

Jay Marr

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 07:02:18 PM »

Another fun solution for tripod mic stands is a golf bag.  I keep 4 or so in a golf bag in my basement....I pull when needed, like I'm grabbing a 9 iron.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 07:17:11 PM »

I got one of these about six months ago.  My nice, new mic stands come out looking nice and new.
I have one of the compartmented Gator speaker stand bags that came with my used Ultimate TS99BL stands - not padded, but separate compartments.  Also keeps these stands like new.  However, they fit the stands like the glove fit OJ - can get them in, but a lot of face scrunching necessary for the audience.  A strict method to squeeze them in is necessary.  Another 1/2" would have been perfect.

frank

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 07:24:04 PM »

K&M has a great selection of bags for their stands. Other stands fit, as well. Good measurements on teh web site.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Rob Bernstein

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 09:40:22 PM »

I discovered this a year or so ago after having my stands get all scratched in an all-in-one bag. Great bag and I bought one for my sub poles as well.
https://www.amazon.com/Gravity-GBGMS6B-Transport-Microphone-Stands/dp/B0169THTK4

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 09:56:17 PM »

K&M has a great selection of bags for their stands. Other stands fit, as well. Good measurements on teh web site.

They get way too heavy and the straps rip (on all of them, not just the K&M's) rolling golf club hard cases or trade show booth cases are the goto for small quantities of mic stands.

For larger gigs a clamshell type case with cut outs for the different mic stands is a much better solution.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 10:12:26 PM »

They get way too heavy and the straps rip (on all of them, not just the K&M's) rolling golf club hard cases or trade show booth cases are the goto for small quantities of mic stands.

A few weeks ago, I picked up one of the Gator 6-pocket mic stand bags like the OP mentioned. I use it for carry-in gigs where a hard case isn't feasible or when I need 6 or fewer stands. It's quite sturdy. I'm sure it will give up eventually but with 4 K&M 210/9s and 2 heavier On-Stage stands, it didn't feel stressed.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 02:57:15 AM »

A few weeks ago, I picked up one of the Gator 6-pocket mic stand bags like the OP mentioned.
Hmm..not bad.

I'm still looking for a solution to carry a few K&Ms along with my two Manfrotto 1004BACs and 099B extension pole for my recording rig. I think that Gator bag would be too small for the Manfrottos.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 05:25:49 AM »

Hmm..not bad.

Yeah the same kind of bags are marketed in the uk by Gravity, they work quite well for a handful of stands. As said, the K&M ones tend to fall apart fairly quickly.

For bigger sets of stands, a full stage set, we tend to get flightcases made with drainpipe inside to separate them and stop them rattling about and chipping each other's paintwork. 

k

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:27:55 AM by Kevin McDonough »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 05:25:49 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.