ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Venting  (Read 5832 times)

David Pedd

• Gilbert, AZ
Re: I'm Venting
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 12:53:40 PM »

Which problem?  The technical one with the speakers yes, but what about the lack of communication?  What about the failure to check things before a service?

Our pastor recently made the statement that what guys need most is respect.  In this case, David felt the pastor did not respect him because he (no doubt out of honest ignorance) made a major mistake while trying to help.  I get that feeling-felt that way during a recent youth conference at our church- high stress lots going on with media, lighting, etc. then the faders on the BGM during a game started moving on their own.  Took me a second to realize pastor was second guessing me (I had just started to try and duck an unfamiliar track to the MC-literally under 10 seconds in) and running faders with his phone.  He later apologized for several things that happened-but pastors are human.  The key is to understand whats happening.

Speaking of respect-just curious-was the OP respectful enough to tell the pastor he would not be there during Sunday School?  I hope so-even though these positions are typically volunteer, the job is still important and should be taken just as seriously as any day job.

I agree, anger fixes nothing.  Sometimes you just have to learn to laugh at how preposterous the situation is-although there have been times when I have looked at the master power switch and maybe even started reaching for it....

We are usually never there for SS.  Someone else starts everything and sets it up for SS.  And where did I say I never check things before a service?

Good tips on here.  Much appreciated.

Interesting comments as well.  I'll try and post what happens with this situation.

David Pedd

• Gilbert, AZ
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 11:07:01 PM »

The drama is over.

The pastor repented in sackcloth and ashes.

Naw, not that dramatic.  He asked how best to fix the problem.

"Disconnect them"  He didn't like the answer.  He disconnected them.  Problem solved.

Now that he's talked to me about what he wants, we are working (together) on a viable solution.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 11:07:01 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.