ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Sound: When To Hire A Technical Arts Director  (Read 2023 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW
Church Sound: When To Hire A Technical Arts Director
« on: May 21, 2019, 07:48:56 AM »

Are your volunteers stretched thin? Here's how to know when making that jump is a necessity.
By Mike Sessler • May 21, 2019

Many years ago I wrote an article on ChurchTechArts on which the following question was posed. I seem to get asked this question a lot and it’s a great way to lead into this article:

“How do you keep your volunteers sticking around? We are a large church approx 3000 members running 5 services and everything is volunteer run.”

“The engineer that runs the services that weekend is there for about 20 hours on the weekend, and the schedule has them running every other weekend.”

“At what point does a church hire a position to “lead” a technical group in scheduling and training?

Not surprisingly, I have some strong opinions on the topic. But before I share my thoughts, I have to admit a certain amount of confusion when this question comes up...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/church/church_sound_when_to_hire_a_technical_arts_director/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org

ProSoundWeb Community

« on: May 21, 2019, 07:48:56 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.