ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 X-USB ASIO issue  (Read 7381 times)

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
X32 X-USB ASIO issue
« on: May 11, 2019, 04:22:38 PM »

Club mixer on firmware 3.11, newly donated Win 10 laptop, installed X-USB 4.11 ASIO driver. Laptop doesn’t see the mixer unless I reboot the mixer while connected to the laptop. Then it works fine. Mixer has worked with dozens of other laptops. Reinstall no change.

I don’t really Windows, no idea what to do. Any of you got one?
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: X32 X-USB ASIO issue
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 04:31:28 PM »

Club mixer on firmware 3.11, newly donated Win 10 laptop, installed X-USB 4.11 ASIO driver. Laptop doesn’t see the mixer unless I reboot the mixer while connected to the laptop. Then it works fine. Mixer has worked with dozens of other laptops. Reinstall no change.

Had the mixer been on for a while before plugging the computer in? I've had it happen a few times where the computer won't detect the X-USB if the card had been sitting idle for a while. I've found that changing the X-USB's configuration (say to 8x8 and back) will "wake it up" and the computer will detect it without a full console reboot.

You mentioned the console and driver, but is the X-USB on the latest firmware?

-Russ

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 04:50:55 PM »

Had the mixer been on for a while before plugging the computer in?

You mentioned the console and driver, but is the X-USB on the latest firmware?

Both start cold every day. Under firmware, the desk says x-usb A2. Is there an update? It’s worked fine with numerous laptops, win and mac.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 04:53:19 PM by Dan Richardson »

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 06:46:10 PM »

I've found that simply changing the card config does something to wake it up. I only find this necessary occasionally.
Once connected, I've never had issues.

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 09:11:52 PM »

I've found that simply changing the card config does something to wake it up. I only find this necessary occasionally.
Once connected, I've never had issues.

I've never had to do anything like that before, though. Got to be some kind of Win10 bs.

chris johnson

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 02:00:25 PM »

is your laptop plugged into a power supply? i had issues like this once, and that seemed to solve it. or a powered usb hub.

Gary Weller

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 02:27:17 PM »

Have you tried re-seating the card and different usb cables? Also have a look in device manager in Windows and see if it's recognized there when it happens.

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 08:52:07 PM »

Dan, it sounds like your USB ports are going to sleep.  Windows defaults to a power setting that selectively powers down USB ports that aren't being used.  That's most likely why you're having to power cycle in order to connect.
To change this, do the following -

On the Windows task bar in the lower Left hand corner, Right-click on the Windows icon.  Then click on Power Options.
In Power & Sleep, click on Additional Power Settings.  A new window will pop up.
In that new window, it will have power setting plans.  Under "Show Additional Plans" there is High Performance.  Choose that one. 
Then next to that one choose Change Plan Settings.
Under Change Plan Settings, click on Change Advanced Power Settings.  A new Power Options window will pop up.
You will see different settings available in a menu.  Click on the + sign next to USB settings.  A sub menu of that called USB selective suspend setting will open up and say Setting: Enabled.  Click on that and it will change it to a dropdown menu.  You should then change the setting from Enabled to Disabled.
Hit Apply, then Okay. 
Close your windows. 
That will allow the computer to supply continuous power to all USB ports. 

Gary Weller

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 12:34:39 PM »

Dan, it sounds like your USB ports are going to sleep.  Windows defaults to a power setting that selectively powers down USB ports that aren't being used.  That's most likely why you're having to power cycle in order to connect.
To change this, do the following -

On the Windows task bar in the lower Left hand corner, Right-click on the Windows icon.  Then click on Power Options.
In Power & Sleep, click on Additional Power Settings.  A new window will pop up.
In that new window, it will have power setting plans.  Under "Show Additional Plans" there is High Performance.  Choose that one. 
Then next to that one choose Change Plan Settings.
Under Change Plan Settings, click on Change Advanced Power Settings.  A new Power Options window will pop up.
You will see different settings available in a menu.  Click on the + sign next to USB settings.  A sub menu of that called USB selective suspend setting will open up and say Setting: Enabled.  Click on that and it will change it to a dropdown menu.  You should then change the setting from Enabled to Disabled.
Hit Apply, then Okay. 
Close your windows. 
That will allow the computer to supply continuous power to all USB ports.
You can do it in Device manager as well , right click on the USB controller, select properties, click on power management tab and un-check Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power

Curtis H List (Too Tall)

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 11:50:12 AM »

I went down that road. Doing 80s for the college kids.
I used 16 x 4 channel Biamp mixer and mostly  upgraded to White EQ
Hafler dh-500 amps and cheap Yamaha compressors.
I spent all my budget on mics.
M-500 beyer ribbon (several)
AT813

The BIGGEST  thing was NEVER clip anything!!!

For the speakers do NOT distort the drivers.

For the digital keyboard, as they get older, the sound gets nasty. The only thing you can do is make the gain structure as good as possible
DO NOT look for gain from the keyboard

No reason to think they would survive, but I really liked the DX7 2 xtend. You can get a lot from them before they start to get nasty. You attack the slowed and decay
Curtis   Too Tall   List

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 11:50:12 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.