ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Haze machine starts ok but then very intermittent  (Read 4288 times)

Dave Guilford

Haze machine starts ok but then very intermittent
« on: May 10, 2019, 10:54:16 PM »

Chauvet hurricane haze 2d. It’s been used regularly for 3-4 years now. Recently replaced pump. Seemed to Correct “no output” issues from a year ago.

But now it works fine for 30 mins or so.  After a while it starts to work intermittently, and after an hour it’s basically non functional. 

Always run dmx.  Plenty of fluid. Cleaned with cleaner “once in a while”  What could cause this?  How do I fix?

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Haze machine starts ok but then very intermittent
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 03:15:03 PM »

Dave, it could be a thermostat issue, a relay issue, or something else related to the circuity as the unit heats up.  I'm going to be a bit blunt though - this is a DJ unit - they have a limited life.  Pro-level units tend to be a bit more accommodating of repairs, but seeing the problems you've had last year and then again now, if a simple cleaning and inspection for loose wires or defective parts doesn't fix it I'd junk it for parts and just replace it.  Guitar Center units are semi-disposable and your clients should be billed accordingly.  Body mics - even at pro levels - usually fall into the same billing structure.  Good luck!   

Peter Kowalczyk

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 06:24:40 PM »

Just experienced the exact same issue with a cross-rented Hurricane Haze 2D.  Worked great during setup, filled the tank prior to showtime, got one good burst out of it, then nothing.

Setting up today in the 'shop' I had it running for a few minutes, but then no output.

I came here to post this question:  Is there a substantial difference between different Haze Fluids?

... I looked at the bottle of fluid that I re-filled with, and it says 'For Use in the Chauvet AMHAZE only.  This is Chauvet item 'PHF' or 'Premium Haze fluid.'  On the Chauvet Website, as an 'Accessory' to the Haze 3D*, they list their 'HFG' High Performance Haze Fluid   

Did I just muck it all up by using the wrong fluid? 

(we also own a Hurricane Haze 3D, which remains non-functional, despite taking it apart, cleaning, and replacing the pump with a new one from Chauvet...  Grrr.  hence the cross-rented *2D)

Jason Fultz

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 10:32:14 AM »

This has worked for me on intermittent hazers a number of times.
I use a product called CLR. I fill a syringe that is connected to the heater tube and put a little pressure on it .
 Usually I'll let it get over night over a pan so when the fluid comes out it doesn't get all over my work bench.
This has worked everytime.
Usually I will use a silicon tube between the syringe and heater tube that will "balloon" a little so that the CLR has pressure on it from the syringe.
A little time and heater coils are like new again.
Follow up with white vinegar and distilled water.

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 12:19:32 PM »

Any chance you could post a picture or explain where you put the syringe?  Is that the tube that leads from the fluid tank?

Jason Fultz

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 01:12:39 PM »

Any chance you could post a picture or explain where you put the syringe?  Is that the tube that leads from the fluid tank?
Yes that's generally it where I put it on the input side of the heater block capillary tube.

I usually use a syringe I get at our local farm and ranch store.  And then use a small zip tie or a wire tie off of like a bread package to hold the tube onto the syringe it doesn't take much pressure just a little tiny force on the syringe let it set so it will push through overnight

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 01:56:04 PM »

The 2D should have red and blue indicator lights that can give you a clue for troubleshooting.

I've had mine vapor lock on me due to an air bubble. Usually indicated by a red blinking light. Tilting the unit 45 degrees or so would often correct the issue.

They can get clogged pretty easily.

I don't use it much any more as a result. Went to the 4D instead.

Lyle Williams

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 04:54:30 PM »

The history doesn't sound right for this, but I had similar symptoms from another hazer on DMX.  It turned out that the wireless DMX I was using didn't have differential output (ie, rather than the two signal wires moving apart in voltage, only one moved while the other stayed put.)

This resulted in unreliable output.

Wired straight onto a proper DMX output, there were zero issues.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 04:54:30 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.