ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF Sub Question  (Read 1525 times)

Bill Wood

• Sr. Member from old PSW Site
RCF Sub Question
« on: July 22, 2021, 02:19:31 PM »

So I'm looking at the RCF TTS-18ii vs RCF Sub 9004as. The spec seems to be basically exactly the same. So who can tell what advantages either one has over the other. I looking at using a pair with a pair of TTL 4A cabinets for general PA / Band applications.

Thanks for any info
Bill
Bill Wood
Southern Ohio Sound
Liberty Township, Ohio 45044
[email protected]

Greg Harwood

Re: RCF Sub Question
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 06:17:46 PM »

I bet the TT being their top tier line might have a little better performance.  The TT sub cabinet is an inch deeper, but that's the only difference I see......maybe some upgraded internals?

Since you're using TT tops why not just get the matching subs....I bet they are nice.
Greg H.

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 04:27:34 AM »

So I'm looking at the RCF TTS-18ii vs RCF Sub 9004as. The spec seems to be basically exactly the same. So who can tell what advantages either one has over the other. I looking at using a pair with a pair of TTL 4A cabinets for general PA / Band applications.

Thanks for any info
Bill

There's a slight difference in frequency response (even with the same nominal settings selected from the onboard menu): here is the data from RCF's own EASEFocus data for them both set to 30-80Hz.
If getting a deep response is important to you, the TT might be a little better fit for you.
FWIW,
David.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 09:11:50 AM »

I would also bet the TT has improved internal bracing. My TT5A are insanely heavy - opened them up a while back and there's definitely more bracing than in a NX45a.

Nick Andrews

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 04:00:20 PM »

Thanks for any info
Bill

Bill,

I use that very setup , ttl4a over tts18amk2 and scale accordingly for the size of the event. It is a wonderful sounding rig.

Tts18amk2 uses a laminar porting system , has a different amp module , different woofer , has the heavier duty paint finish (like duratex) and does go slightly lower. It is a pretty different box overall I would say.

I own 6 of them and I love them , best single 18 I've ever owned, extremely clean and musical box.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 04:05:09 PM by Nick Andrews »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 04:00:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.