ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Learn me: Sound stick vs traditional PA  (Read 2126 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Learn me: Sound stick vs traditional PA
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2019, 06:02:06 pm »

They make specialized ones for underwater instrumentation, but they have waterproof multi-pins on them. I also can't find a combination CAT/Powercon or IEC combo. I guess buy CAT w/ends and bare power cable in the length you need, put some heat shrink over the pair in several places to bind them together, and put the ends on the power cable.
My bad... I didnít notice you wanted category cable and power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Tyler James

Re: Learn me: Sound stick vs traditional PA
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2019, 12:46:24 pm »

If they're at a similar price point why is it not a fair fight? Many people purchase based on a specific budget, with certain performance criteria in mind. My experience is that these MI grade column systems are way over-priced for what you get in sound quality and output. But yet they seem to sell like hotcakes. I think if more consumers did a somewhat objective comparison to a comparably priced two way like the OP did we see a lot fewer of these systems out in the wild (a good thing, IMO).

Yep - I was really hoping for a similar sound quality from the stick, and the form factor really can't be beat on those JBL EON One products. But I ended up with an IQ10 and though I've only used it for a couple rehearsals so far, it's been getting the job done. Looking forward to the first gig and I'm keeping my eye out for a cheap iq15b to pop up.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 24 queries.