ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Talkback solution for lunch pail digital mixers  (Read 3478 times)

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
Re: Talkback solution for lunch pail digital mixers
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 02:40:40 PM »

Control surface with moving faders was a topic for a while.  If I recall, Danny was thinking somehow configurable in blocks of 8 faders. The talkback and local monitor thing was more important to me.  I’m the exception that is actually OK mixing on glass...

I have no problems mixing on glass.....but there are always situations where a physical fader is better....like when I have to keep my eyes glued on the stage - much safer to have a physical fader that I can feel vs risking my finger wandering off to some other section of the screen and suddenly muting the main vocal or soloing the tambourine. :o

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 08:19:53 AM »

I have no problems mixing on glass.....but there are always situations where a physical fader is better....like when I have to keep my eyes glued on the stage - much safer to have a physical fader that I can feel vs risking my finger wandering off to some other section of the screen and suddenly muting the main vocal or soloing the tambourine. :o
MORE Cowbell, line 2 !  ;D
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 01:13:10 AM »

So I finally found the time to unbox the one I bought, and now I'm in in the process of trying to return it.

Turns out the design is only half-duplex (i.e. you can use the talkback mic or the headphones, but not both at the same time), which isn't mentioned anywhere in the description, and doesn't work for the application I intended it for.

Caveat emptor, I guess.

-Russ

Mal Brown

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2019, 10:15:27 AM »

Russ did you ping Danny Olesh on Facebook ?  I was only looking for talk back so full or half duplex was not a thing I asked.   Seemed that full duplex was implied by their initial marketing though...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2019, 10:15:27 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.