ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Mr18 TCP ports  (Read 3870 times)

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
Midas Mr18 TCP ports
« on: May 08, 2019, 12:03:50 PM »

I'm installing a midas Mr18 in a church soon, and I'm wondering what TCP ports does the Mr18 use to communicate with the apps?
I'm thinking of setting it up so I can remote access the mixer

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Allen Heath GL2000, EV sx300 over Community pro Subs, EV s-200 monitors, Zeck amplification

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
Re: Midas Mr18 TCP ports
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 05:51:39 PM »

Access the mixer remotely?  From where?  Why?

I can tell you that every time someone has asked me this question, upon further analysis, my answer was "This is a really bad idea."  I am curious if you will be the exception.

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 12:22:34 AM »

Access the mixer remotely?  From where?  Why?

I can tell you that every time someone has asked me this question, upon further analysis, my answer was "This is a really bad idea."  I am curious if you will be the exception.
I will be installing this system in a simple style Catholic church. It is a set and forget type system. Only a few mics running through it, but ocassionaly you get the phone call "can you turn the altar mic up a small bit". It would allow me to make minor adjustments off site. Not an essiental use but if it could be done it would be nice.
There is also an Axis P1357 camera installed for live streaming the services so I have remote viewing and listening capabilities also in that church.

Allen Heath GL2000, EV sx300 over Community pro Subs, EV s-200 monitors, Zeck amplification

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 12:57:05 AM »

I will be installing this system in a simple style Catholic church. It is a set and forget type system. Only a few mics running through it, but ocassionaly you get the phone call "can you turn the altar mic up a small bit". It would allow me to make minor adjustments off site. Not an essiental use but if it could be done it would be nice.
There is also an Axis P1357 camera installed for live streaming the services so I have remote viewing and listening capabilities also in that church.

Use a VPN for security.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 07:43:22 AM »

Use a VPN for security.

I’m not an IT expert - but I’ve always thought a local machine with team viewer or something and a strong password is a better option for situations like this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 08:49:33 AM »

The real answer is - don't use a bar band, hands-on style mixer when a DSP (QSys, Xilica, Tisera, etc) style mixer is what works best.  Add a Domotz box and you're set.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Magnus Högkvist

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 12:07:43 PM »

The real answer is - don't use a bar band, hands-on style mixer when a DSP (QSys, Xilica, Tisera, etc) style mixer is what works best.  Add a Domotz box and you're set.

Because MR18 is so hands on....

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 08:56:23 PM »

I’m not an IT expert - but I’ve always thought a local machine with team viewer or something and a strong password is a better option for situations like this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the simplest and easiest solution IMHO.

That being said, i have used a VPN to access an X32 from across the country directly and it worked fine.  All i needed to do was have a VPN established [we used a Cisco Meraki Cloud VPN Network] and then just use the standard X32 software to control the mixer.  I don't see any reason why the same could not be done with an XR18.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 01:59:32 AM »

This is the simplest and easiest solution IMHO.

That being said, i have used a VPN to access an X32 from across the country directly and it worked fine.  All i needed to do was have a VPN established [we used a Cisco Meraki Cloud VPN Network] and then just use the standard X32 software to control the mixer.  I don't see any reason why the same could not be done with an XR18.

The problem with Teamviewer and other remote access software is they require a host PC and often human intervention between sessions. 

A VPN on the other hand runs on the router and won't lock up.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 03:19:50 AM »

In the past I would have used BSS soundwebs in churches. They have a few more bells and whistles, but the MR18 does pretty much everything I need it to. It has more inputs and outputs and is quicker to set up.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 03:19:50 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.