ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF went and did it!!!!!  (Read 4747 times)

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
RCF went and did it!!!!!
« on: May 07, 2019, 01:25:31 PM »

Well, I can say I'm glad I waited. RCF released a few new gems just recently and one of them was one that I had heard about and was waiting to see if it came true; it did. RCF released the HDL26A which is just a more improved version of their HDL6A. It boasts a 2000 watt amplifier and a 3" VC for the HF section with a lower crossover point of 750hz. In addition to that, it has RD-Net and the same rigging as the HDL30 units! It gets a couple of db louder than the HDL6A which gets it into slightly more comfortable territory but what I really dig is the RD-Net control. The RD-Net control has lots of control options allowing you to really tune the boxes to your heart's content. If things continue the way they have been for me, this may be something I add to my inventory in the next year or so? I have been coming up on a few gigs that having exactly this rig would make the sale and the job a little easier. As a bonus, I have been working with a company that regularly rents out gear at this level and I know I could lease it enough to make my world turn! If only I didn't have other needs first. What are your thoughts on this new product?
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Taylor Hall

Re: RCF went and did it!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 01:40:10 PM »

It's great seeing robust management solutions being put in gear like this. EAW did it with their Radius lineup after proving how well it worked in their adaptive lineup, and now we're seeing the same trickle down with RCF's RD Net. I wonder if we'll see JBL start adding performance manager support to their products in the same tier?
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 02:08:16 PM »

I heard this box last year at RCF in Italy, it totally blew me away. 8 box deep demo. Would never belive it was that small of a box.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 02:49:07 PM »

Based n hearing the HDL6a, I would think that the HDL26a would be the right system for a lot of situations. It certainly ticks off a lot of wish list items.

Something I'll be looking at for the next rig as my event sizes grow.

The TTP4a is another great solution, as well.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 08:01:28 AM »

Frederick Winslow Taylor is rolling in his grave. This godhead of scientific management and time & motion studies wants to know why-in-gods-name the male xlr is rotated 90 degrees  v. the female xlr and data in/thru?

A minor quibble to be sure, but this product typically operates in an environment of time constraints and low light. Disambiguation is a key to speed.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 09:22:36 AM »

why-in-gods-name the male xlr is rotated 90 degrees  v. the female xlr and data in/thru?

A minor quibble to be sure, but this product typically operates in an environment of time constraints and low light. Disambiguation is a key to speed.

I wonder if it's a production mistake, or if they did it on purpose? RCF seems to be getting sloppy lately... my brand new TT5-A just arrived with the EQ curve stickers upside down. When I contacted RCF about it, (they waited about a week to reply) their response was, "whoops. Sorry about that."

I also had some TTL6-A where the PowerCon connectors were labeled incorrectly.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 10:05:20 AM »

I wonder if it's a production mistake, or if they did it on purpose? RCF seems to be getting sloppy lately... my brand new TT5-A just arrived with the EQ curve stickers upside down. When I contacted RCF about it, (they waited about a week to reply) their response was, "whoops. Sorry about that."

I also had some TTL6-A where the PowerCon connectors were labeled incorrectly.
If that's the case, RCF if certainly not immune to corporate decay.  It usually starts with out-sourcing (or contracting) production work... then eliminating QA.  It's all cost-saving tactics that usually work... for awhile.  Many of my cabinets are RCF and they have been great.  I'm hoping to stay with RCF as long as I can.

Side note: one of the worst QA moments I have ever had was with 8 x Yamaha passive 2-ways (12"w/horn) for monitors.  6 cabinets had 2 to 3 screws floating around between the 12" driver and the foam (on the front of the cabinet).  When you moved the cabinet, you could hear the screws rattle around.  Took off the front covers, and then observed saw dust covering everything; the mounting holes - with the screws missing - were damaged.  I filled them with wood putty and re-secured.  Vacuumed everything out.  One 12" driver did not work (warranty covered it).  From that moment, Yamaha speakers are last on my list.  I still have the 8 and they are doing ok, but will probably never consider Yamaha again.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 11:19:23 AM »

If that's the case, RCF if certainly not immune to corporate decay.  It usually starts with out-sourcing (or contracting) production work... then eliminating QA.  It's all cost-saving tactics that usually work... for awhile.  Many of my cabinets are RCF and they have been great.  I'm hoping to stay with RCF as long as I can.

Side note: one of the worst QA moments I have ever had was with 8 x Yamaha passive 2-ways (12"w/horn) for monitors.  6 cabinets had 2 to 3 screws floating around between the 12" driver and the foam (on the front of the cabinet).  When you moved the cabinet, you could hear the screws rattle around.  Took off the front covers, and then observed saw dust covering everything; the mounting holes - with the screws missing - were damaged.  I filled them with wood putty and re-secured.  Vacuumed everything out.  One 12" driver did not work (warranty covered it).  From that moment, Yamaha speakers are last on my list.  I still have the 8 and they are doing ok, but will probably never consider Yamaha again.

The wood box Yamaha speakers sold in the USA years ago were built in Georgia or Alabama for Yamaha by a contract manufacturer.  I guess Yammy had QC issues from not supervising their off-shore builder.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 12:27:20 PM »

The wood box Yamaha speakers sold in the USA years ago were built in Georgia or Alabama for Yamaha by a contract manufacturer.  I guess Yammy had QC issues from not supervising their off-shore builder.

>Ouch<  :o
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 12:31:43 PM »

Good to know.   That would certainly explain it.

MikeHarris

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 10:40:51 AM »

I was underwhelmed by the HDL6 at the theater demos here in Ft Lauderdale...glad they are improving it

Justin Waters

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 04:07:35 PM »

Anyone know the pricepoint on these?  Similar to the HDL6?

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 04:36:06 PM »

No MAP on HDL 26.

MSRP is $2199 vs $3699

If you need a quote on a rig there are many dealers here on the LAB, myself included.

Anyone know the pricepoint on these?  Similar to the HDL6?
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 04:36:06 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.