ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL5 - I need multi talkback  (Read 4805 times)

Maria del Mar

• Maria del Mar
Yamaha CL5 - I need multi talkback
« on: September 12, 2018, 02:00:08 PM »

Dear people: My name is Maria del Mar and I have the following situation. I need to feed 4 audio/telephone interfaces inputs with any 4 buses from the console..... is easy!!!, isn't it? , but I alsp need to give orders/talkback to any of those buses independiently "one each a time" so when I press the button to speak I want that the foldback signal will be dimmed or interrupted, in other words, and IFB function.

I need to make 4 IFB with an only external mic plugged (in ex, OMNI8 IN) to speak to the mixes MIX21, MIX22, MIX23 and MIX24. I know that I could use the user defined keys to program function buttons etc, but I coudn't find any function to interrupt or dim the FB signal when I want to speak to those buses.

Any suggestions for doing with the internal functions of this CL5 console?

Regards, Maria del M.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: Yamaha CL5 - I need multi talkback
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 02:30:36 PM »

It's easy enough using a ducker if you want to duck all feeds and talk to all IFB mixes. To allow independent ducking of signal depending on which IFB you're speaking to is a little more tricky. You would need to have a ducker on each mix, keyed by the talkback, but only when you're addressing that specific IFB mix.

If you don't mind connecting your console up to a windows pc, YammieQ could make this pretty simple, with UDK for each mix, etc.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 03:32:12 PM »

you could program mute groups. Not exactly sure what you have going on, but you can copy the incoming foldback to multiple channels and have each channel on a mute group. Then as needed, you can mute and unmute it out of the desired mixes.

For example: You copy the talkback mic onto four channels. And you have each channel set respectively for mute groups 1-4. The 4 channels each only go to one of the 4 mix busses that you need to feed. So if you need to have talkback going to your number 2 & 4 mixes, assuming all the talkbacks were muted, you simply unmute 2 & 4.

Furthermore, you can also duck other input channels using any one of the talkback channels as the ducker key. So if you have media playing it can be ducked by the talkback channel of your choice.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Joris Jans2

• Vester Theater Techniek
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 09:23:47 PM »

make 4 input channels with the same input (your talkback mike) and route them all to a different buss. then with the mute on the input channel you choose which busses you're going to.

you can even make custom buttons to accomplish the mutes so they don't have to be on your current layer

Nick Boulton

• Nick Boulton
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 04:20:18 AM »

Isn't there a dimmer function in the talkback section? If so, you can set up a smart key to assign your talkback to that mix and then when you switch it on it should dim all assigned mixes.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 04:20:18 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.