ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I pose a sad question...  (Read 6079 times)

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: I pose a sad question...
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 12:30:55 PM »

Spoke before thinking = dumb. Sorry. (I was musing about how much the M7 could get as a tax writeoff if donated, but resale prices aren't that bad yet.)
As far as taxes are concerned, wouldn't it be fully depreciated by now ?
In other words, NO tax writeoff value.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 02:29:30 PM »

I’m surprised you fell for this Internet lie Luke.  You should do a little research, get educated, and then probably edit it out of your post.  Remember kids, don’t believe everything you read on the Internet.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/executive-salaries-charities/
Still would like even the "reduced" salary mentioned in the snopes article!

(and yes, I do understand you have to offer a high enough figure to get a worthwhile person in charge that will save far more money than the loss resulting from the chaos of a captainless ship.)
However being involved in multiple charities, I hate the extortion aspects of "you better pay your CEO this or more or you won't be able to get anybody and your organization is DOOMED!!!"

Anyways, ... on another note,   you don't have to actually donate to thrift stores, just look up local community theaters and music organizations. 
I help out with several and we are grateful for our older analog gear and could always use more now that it is getting aged and may die randomly.  Even our local HS music dept would welcome older still-useful analog stuff.
-For things like large snakes they are great to actually install and leave in these types of community venues.
Because most of the stuff is depreciated, I don't plan on any benefit back other than helping advance local arts.  However many are 501c3 so if there's any value left in it all you can still get your write-off.
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 03:52:45 PM »

Still would like even the "reduced" salary mentioned in the snopes article!

(and yes, I do understand you have to offer a high enough figure to get a worthwhile person in charge that will save far more money than the loss resulting from the chaos of a captainless ship.)
However being involved in multiple charities, I hate the extortion aspects of "you better pay your CEO this or more or you won't be able to get anybody and your organization is DOOMED!!!"

Anyways, ... on another note,   you don't have to actually donate to thrift stores, just look up local community theaters and music organizations. 
I help out with several and we are grateful for our older analog gear and could always use more now that it is getting aged and may die randomly.  Even our local HS music dept would welcome older still-useful analog stuff.
-For things like large snakes they are great to actually install and leave in these types of community venues.
Because most of the stuff is depreciated, I don't plan on any benefit back other than helping advance local arts.  However many are 501c3 so if there's any value left in it all you can still get your write-off.

Or sell it to them and then donate it back, which is then deductable.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Barry Reynolds

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 03:53:56 PM »

Analog snakes, much like analog mixing consoles, are now most useful if they are NOT big.  16-channels?  Still super useful.  52-channels?  Can't give it away....
As a band guy running IEMs on A&H Sq-5, where we split into all variety of FOH mixers and stageboxes, I agree that there is still a market for 32 channels and lower analog snakes in the 15-30 foot lengths.  Analog splitters are still useful when you don’t have two compatible mixers or when FOH and monitor guys both want preamp gain control.  Cut your big snakes into sub snakes so you can sell 2-3 wanted ones rather than one that you cannot give away!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 03:53:56 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.