ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording WL spectrum over time and see what's there with WSM  (Read 1090 times)

Miguel Dahl

Hi! I believe this can't be done with WSM, unless I'm mistaken.

I want to dump a rack of WL + a computer for a week or so at a location and come back and see what's been going on in the RF spectrum up there. As far as I know in WSM to be able to see the frequencies one can only do "instant" scans. There's a recorder as well but it doesn't record which frequencies (or rather: 8MHz bands) are being turned on and off up there.

Is there some solution to this with WSM? I can have people start and stop recording for me.

I guess maybe just make two "instant" scans per day is my best solution?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 03:13:10 PM by Miguel Dahl »

Miguel Dahl

Re: Recording WL spectrum over time and see what's there with WSM
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 03:54:57 PM »

I want to dump a rack of WL + a computer for a week or so at a location and come back and see what's been going on in the RF spectrum up there. As far as I know in WSM to be able to see the frequencies one can only do "instant" scans. There's a recorder as well but it doesn't record which frequencies (or rather: 8MHz bands) are being turned on and off up there.

Is there some solution to this with WSM? I can have people start and stop recording for me.

I guess maybe just make two "instant" scans per day is my best solution?

Edit: Doh! and facepalm. I can just remote into the computer on site and do my own scans.

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 06:40:26 PM »

I want to dump a rack of WL + a computer for a week or so at a location and come back and see what's been going on in the RF spectrum up there.

What are you trying to do?  Is there a rogue freq?
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 12:34:11 PM »

What are you trying to do?  Is there a rogue freq?

I'm doing an outdoor theater at that place. The free spectrum is so tiny that I need to use some of the spectrum which is "red". I've done several jobs up there with 16 WL channels which has worked fine, this summer I'll be using 24. I know there are some tv channel bands which are turned on and off at (to me so far, "random" times), I need to know which channels those are before I move in there for a few weeks with the 24 channels of WL. I know some of the "red" spectrum is usable even if it's listed as red.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 12:36:33 PM by Miguel Dahl »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 12:34:11 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.