Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

crown amp question

<< < (4/4)

phasesonix:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on May 05, 2019, 08:24:57 pm ---You can't use a bridged amplifier for a bi-amped speaker.  I think you do not understand what "bi-amped" means.

--- End quote ---

I'm setting up a system and just wondering why you say you can not use bridged amps to run Biamped speakers?

If i have a bridged amp running at 4ohm powering the Lf  driver in a speaker that is 4 ohms why would that not work?

Mike Caldwell:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on May 06, 2019, 01:16:06 am ---That's what the parallel input switch is for on the crown, or use another Y cable.  Whatever floats your boat.

Did you read the manual on the Crown?  Don't get bogged down by the drawing that shows the "double current" mode on the outputs, just use the parallel switch (which the manual indicates ties the inputs together) and hook 1+/1- to channel 1 and 2+/2- to channel two and call it a day.

--- End quote ---

Since this posting just got woke back up (Phasesonix you'll need to display your full name)

As for Crown Micro and Macro Tech amps "parallel mode" in the case of those amps it is not a input Y cable so to speak switch.
It operates the amp output channel in parallel where you need to jumper the + output terminals together for driving very low impedance loads with a high current drive.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: phasesonix on March 20, 2021, 12:16:00 pm ---I'm setting up a system and just wondering why you say you can not use bridged amps to run Biamped speakers?

If i have a bridged amp running at 4ohm powering the Lf  driver in a speaker that is 4 ohms why would that not work?

--- End quote ---

Please go to your profile and change your name to your real full name as required by the posting rules.

Mac
admin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version