ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixing Station now available For iPad, iPhones  (Read 1620 times)

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
Mixing Station now available For iPad, iPhones
« on: May 04, 2019, 08:23:07 am »

I don't remember seeing anything posted here about this, but you can now use Mixing Station on IOS devices.

For those who've never tried it, you can download free to try it out, only have to pay when you actually want to connect it to a console.

Word of caution to those who've never used this. If you're going to play with creating your own custom layouts, save the default layout as your first custom layout as the first one you do save is going to wipe out the default one. Seems like the only way to restore the default layout back is to delete all your custom ones.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 08:51:05 am by Scott Olewiler »
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

John Schalk

Re: Mixing Station now available For iPad, iPhones
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 10:14:02 am »

Thanks for the heads up Scott.  I downloaded and purchased the XM32 version last week and used it for the first time last night.  I much prefer the action of the faders in MixingStation to the M32 Mix app, but there were a few things that I found harder to do, such as adjusting an effect and then getting back to the DCA layer.  I plan to spend some time with the manual this week because I do want to try building a custom layer.

FYI - Per the docs, I don't think DevCore offers a free, scaled back iOS version because of the way pricing works with Apple.  The price for the full XM32 version is $7.

Scott Olewiler

• 4th Street Sound
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 12:26:10 pm »

Thanks for the heads up Scott.  I downloaded and purchased the XM32 version last week and used it for the first time last night.  I much prefer the action of the faders in MixingStation to the M32 Mix app, but there were a few things that I found harder to do, such as adjusting an effect and then getting back to the DCA layer.  I plan to spend some time with the manual this week because I do want to try building a custom layer.

FYI - Per the docs, I don't think DevCore offers a free, scaled back iOS version because of the way pricing works with Apple.  The price for the full XM32 version is $7.

After messing around with this for awhile, I'd pay $70 over the x-32 Mix app.

dave briar

• Helena Montana
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 01:50:53 pm »

After messing around with this for awhile, I'd pay $70 over the x-32 Mix app.
+1
..db

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 08:59:02 am »

+1
+2

Don't give up too quickly on the custom layouts.  They're a bit mind bending to start with, but the ability to have just what you want is fantastic.

I also find that custom layers are my other best friend.  They achieve what the X32 surface can't - custom layers that can mix DCAs, Inputs, Returns - brilliant!

Scott Olewiler

• 4th Street Sound
Mixing Station now available For iPad, iPhones
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 11:45:44 am »

+2

Don't give up too quickly on the custom layouts.  They're a bit mind bending to start with, but the ability to have just what you want is fantastic.

I also find that custom layers are my other best friend.  They achieve what the X32 surface can't - custom layers that can mix DCAs, Inputs, Returns - brilliant!
Yes, and I particularly like being able to add a tap button for the delay tempo, and to not have mute group buttons where I accidentally hit them. 

Just having the ability to set up a standard show with a single custom layer that can be customized for the current show in a matter of seconds on the fly makes it worth taking the time to setting a  up a custom layout.

Old news for those who've been using android tablets but for folks like me who run x32 and already owned multiple IOS devices used to control multiple mixers and didn't want to add additional android tablets this is a real game changer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 11:53:12 am by Scott Olewiler »

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 08:15:57 am »

For those of you using the app for a M32 type mixer, is there a way to share the layouts you are using?  I did not see any share feature on their web page?  Maybe it is on some other forum?

Lars Petter Dahl

• Scenelyd
LP Dahl

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 02:18:17 pm »

For those of you using the app for a M32 type mixer, is there a way to share the layouts you are using?  I did not see any share feature on their web page?  Maybe it is on some other forum?

Recent versions have an export/import function built into the layout editor. Long hold on a layout name to pull up the Share menu. Click on the double arrow icon in the top bar to Import.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

dave briar

• Helena Montana
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 06:22:44 pm »

And letís not forget iDCAs (basically a DCA defined solely in the app) which adjusts multiple faders proportionally.  I just did a day-long multi-band fundraiser last Sunday (seven bands, 45 min sets, 15 min changeovers) ó your basic guerrilla-audio adventure.  I found myself creating, positioning, and deleting iDCAs on a custom layer repeatedly throughout the day. For fun I timed myself and it took 7 seconds total for creation and positioning (typing the name took the longest). 

Next set, get everything plugged somewhere into my festival patch then edit the custom layer, throw away channels no longer relevant, add the new ones, reposition faders as per my view of the stage left-to-right, add an IDCA for the three congas and one for the vocals, save, and go live. 

Then sit back and wonder just how I let myself get talked into doing this event again....unfortunately the app doesnít help much in answering those kind of questions.
..db

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 06:22:44 pm ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 22 queries.