ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Museum/artwork type fixture  (Read 1820 times)

Noah D Mitchell

Museum/artwork type fixture
« on: May 03, 2019, 09:40:35 AM »

Hello,

I’m looking for a few fixtures to light a few signs on an interior wall. The signs in question are: 8x12’, 16x16’, 8x12’. They are plexiglass with transparent cling graphics on them, mounted on standoffs from the drywall.

I’m looking for the type of spot fixtures used to illuminate artwork, etc. Not ridiculously bright, but enough to make it stand out a little. Tight focus and the square shutters are the features that make me think of museums. The fixtures will be 16-20’ away from the signs.

Ideally, an LED source, and they won’t have control/dimming, just connected to the same switch that turns on the room lights.

What should I be searching for? Or can you recommend a specific fixture?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
Re: Museum/artwork type fixture
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 01:25:26 PM »

A wash light ("fresnal" type) with barn doors is one option. A "leko" (Source 4 or ers fixture) with shutters is the other. A fixture using an LED engine will probably allow you to set the intensity without need for an external dimmer, and maybe even without direct DMX control.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 04:51:52 PM »

For your application, I would look at mini LED ellipsoidal (for shuttering), such as the Chauvet Pro Ovation Min-E-10WWZ, the Times Square SoHO Mini LED, or the ETC Source Four Mini.
Another idea would be an LED gobo projector like the Chauvet DJ Gobo Zoom. You could cut a gobo with a rectangular opening out of plastic or blackwrap to fit the sign. 16-20' is a pretty long throw for these fixtures though, but it also depends on the amount of ambient light you are dealing with.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 04:55:00 PM by Scott Hofmann »
Scott Hofmann

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 04:51:52 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.